How do you program a key fob for the Mark?

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Mark VIII I just got two sets of keys with no key fob so I called up some local dealers and the one dealer wants $50 for the key fob while the other wants $62. Then both want to hit me up for an additional $50 for programming the key fob. My question is what do you need to do to program it? If its so easy ass thing then I'll just do it myself or does the dealer need to hook it up to their computer and program it into the ECU or something? BTW: The key fob that I am reffering to is the little remote that you put on your key chain to unlock and lock the doors and pop the trunk and what not. I told the parts departments that I needed a key fob and they looked at me like I was crazy

First get a paper clip then clean out your glove box after that you pull down the glove box, all the way there is some clips and a string stoping you, I cut the string cause to me I didnt need it, once you got the glove box all the way down you need to but the key in the ignition and turn it to ON dont not start it, once your done with that find a gret clip that doesnt connect to anything its on the bottom, find it and using the paper clip connect the 2 metal pieces in there long enough for the doors to lock or makie a noise once they have done that then you press lock on the key fob

now you are done :Beer

Awesome, guys, I think I'll put a new batt. in my spare fob and program it now, since I can do that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back