How do you know if Base or LSE model?

SultanGris

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How do you know if base model or lse? Can't find much info on google, mentions different tail lights and fascia but there are no pictures of said differences. I don't see base or LSE mentioned anywhere on my car or any of the paperwork I have so I was just curious how you know the difference, couple different tire shops have asked me. Does it even matter or is it like the AutoZone guy asking if what kind of car you got before they can sell you a valve stem cover, lol

Gen2 LSE was available in 04 and 05 only. Some people confuse the 06 for an LSE but it is not. So first and easiest test is year. Looks like you are an 03 so your's is not an LSE. Oh! and they also only came in black, vivid red and Silver I believe.

LSE's can be determined most easily by the exterior. They will have the OEM body kit, front and rear fascia, side skirts, and all-red tails vs the two tone red/white. They also had a certain wheel type that was different. It was a flat faced chrome wheel. (I think 7-8 spokes?) and if I recall they have a chrome waterfall grille up front. Somoene else will chime in here, but I think they all had black/charcoal interiors, and either black steering wheel/shifter, or wood. Its one or the other and its been a long time since I scraped my brain archive.

You answered my question then, mine's an 03 so it's definitely not. I have the 8 spoke chrome wheels, sport manual shifter and the wood grain panel and steering wheel inside, the six disc changer no navigation though.

I forgot a few things, but see page 4 here. V8 only (not available on V6) and I think there was some door sills/floormat logos, and a small trunk spoiler. Finally, the rear license plate surround is color matched vs chrome. Again the 06's carried forward the bumpers, grill, and rear surround - so a lot of people can sometimes assume the 06 V8 Sports are LSE's. but Tails lights and insignia is the way to easily differentiate.

https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2005-Lincoln-LS.pdf

Gen1 also had an LSE and these are also easy to spot. Black and silver only, anthracite wheels (optional), and more aggressive body kit.

I have door sills that say Lincoln and spoiler, floor mats were missing, license plate surround is chrome though.

some will have the LSE badge on the trunk lid

On stock cars look for the rear spoiler, body color accents instead of chrome, and quad exhaust tips

I'll tell you what I grabbed off an LSE (the only I've seen) after I had the dumb luck of finding it in a salvage yard. The Floor mats, they have 'LSE' embroidered on the front ones; the trunk mounted right taillight, is lettered 'LSE'; the front grille, the T part is 'color keyed' to the color of the car instead of plastic chrome; the ground effect rocker panel covers; the spoiler, which I guess not many LSE's had; and the front licence plate bracket, because Pennsylvania dose not issue front plates and most people remove the brackets, it is the the only bracket I've seen in PA. Left behind was the 4 hole rear bumper because ours is a V6; and the front bumper because the right third of it was missing. It was black with a charcoal interior, just like ours. That grille was installed within 15 minutes after I got home with it, I'm sure my late son is smiling about that (see my other posts for an explanation).

Mine's that color, but I think it's just sun faded LOL! Good tip, yeah I got to go to the pick A part place, I keep forgetting

I'll tell you what I grabbed off an LSE (the only I've seen) after I had the dumb luck of finding it in a salvage yard. The Floor mats, they have 'LSE' embroidered on the front ones; the trunk mounted right taillight, is lettered 'LSE'; the front grille, the T part is 'color keyed' to the color of the car instead of plastic chrome; the ground effect rocker panel covers; the spoiler, which I guess not many LSE's had; and the front licence plate bracket, because Pennsylvania dose not issue front plates and most people remove the brackets, it is the the only bracket I've seen in PA. Left behind was the 4 hole rear bumper because ours is a V6; and the front bumper because the right third of it was missing. It was black with a charcoal interior, just like ours. That grille was installed within 15 minutes after I got home with it, I'm sure my late son is smiling about that (see my other posts for an explanation).
How does one remove the spoiler on an LSE? I found one at a junkyard in my color but I didn't grab it

I did the same as you. Found one but didn't mess with it because it was the wrong color.

I would assume it's bolted. Pull the deck lid liner/cover to check.

Whats different about the spoilers? Mine has a spoiler.

Most lses didn't come with them so it's a hot item

Oh, right on. Needs repainted, but it's there! Vegas sun has destroyed the paint on it. Lol
20210215_113622.jpg
20210215_113632.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back