How do you get the HVAC control unit out of the console?

jcoley6558

LVC Member
Reaction score
I followed the directions of how to get the unit out, however, the wiring is so short I can't get the old unit out far enough to get the 2 nuts off or disconnect the plugs. I am replacing the 94 HVAC control with a later model with the larger push buttons...can anyone give me a short cut on how to do this? Thanks. :feedback

jcoley6558 said:
I followed the directions of how to get the unit out, however, the wiring is so short I can't get the old unit out far enough to get the 2 nuts off or disconnect the plugs. I am replacing the 94 HVAC control with a later model with the larger push buttons...can anyone give me a short cut on how to do this? Thanks. :feedback

I know your pain, I had the same problem, my g/f has skinny fingers, I asked her to unscrew those two speed nuts, when I put it back in I didn't put those nuts back on, 4 months later, no problems. good luck with yours.

I always just use a regular 10mm socket. You can sneak your hand back there with just the socket and remove them. No need for a whole ratchet.

Thomas

FYI, you are posting in the Classifieds section :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back