How do you find your car's history?

Uncle Sherm

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1968 Pontiac LeMans, and for $75 and the VIN I can get the Dealer Order Form, Dealer Invoice, Press release, etc. for my car from Pontiac Historical Services. Is there a similar service available for Lincolns? If I want to know exactly what my 1997 Mark VIII LSC's sticker price was with its options, which dealer originally sold the car, etc., what's the best way to get that information?

I have a 1968 Pontiac LeMans, and for $75 and the VIN I can get the Dealer Order Form, Dealer Invoice, Press release, etc. for my car from Pontiac Historical Services. Is there a similar service available for Lincolns? If I want to know exactly what my 1997 Mark VIII LSC's sticker price was with its options, which dealer originally sold the car, etc., what's the best way to get that information?
Carfax

AmsterDutch is correct using Carfax. If you want to get the build sheet of your car, try Helm Inc. Helm Incorporated: Choose Product Category

Also found this too: Reproduction window stickers - Lincolns of Distinction Discussion Forum

Here is the address to Lincoln: Fairlane Plaza South, PO Box 6248, MD 4S-B Dearborn, MI 48126
Lincoln Customer Service # 1 (800) 521-4140
-Say you would like to inquire about a build sheet for your car. It will tell you all the equipment, and when the actual production date the car was produced.

I got one for my Continental. They print it out on antique paper, its very professional. Price is $20.00 or so for a base sheet, $48.00 for a deluxe.

*There was someone on LVC who used to make factory re-production window stickers here on LVC. I've searched the site, nothing had come up. Maybe you might have better luck than me.

I know by calling Lincoln directly they can help you out.

Hope this helps you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back