how do u check the transmission fluid

splockboy713

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i have a lincoln LS V8 2000 sport package and i dont know where the dip stick is to check my tranmission fluid do u think u can help me... thanxs :feedback

No dip stick on the trans. To check the level, run the car, let it reac op-temp, lift the vehicle so you can go under it but besure the car is still LEVEL! With the engine still running unscrew the hex plug on the top right corner of the trans, fluid should run out and be level with the bottom of that hole.

splockboy713 said:
hey i have a lincoln LS V8 2000 sport package and i dont know where the dip stick is to check my tranmission fluid do u think u can help me... thanxs :feedback

tranny is sealed

I does not have a fluid level stick and I would say if you have over 50 miles on it to go ahead and have teh dealer do a fluid flush on it.

JES_LS said:
no it is not

Yes, I do believe that it is. A sealed transmission just means that it does not have a dipstick to check it with.

eL eS said:
It does not have a fluid level stick and I would say if you have over 50K miles on it to go ahead and have the dealer do a fluid flush on it.

I really should dread my pots butter. L:)L

Members online

No members online now.
Back