How do I remove the leather from my 2003 Lincoln Navigator?

damankam786

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to put vinyl fabric on my 2003 Lincoln Navigators seats and just wanted to know how I can remove the leather from the seats? I need to remove the leather from the the front 2 seats, the middle, and the back seats. Are there any pins to remove to get it off? Where are they located and how can I get to them easily? I am going to put the vinyl on these seats and then put the leather back on once I am done. Can I remove the leather without taking out the seats?

thanks

its usually easier to pull the front seats from the veh. there will be a series on long "j-clips" attaching the covers to the frame. undo those and carefully roll the cover inside out. usually where there are folds in the cover there will either be velcro or "hog rings" (small metal rings) keeping the cover tight to the pad. as for the velcro, we all know how to undo this, if its the hog rings just simply cut them with some good side cutters

Hello,

I am going to put vinyl fabric on my 2003 Lincoln Navigators seats and just wanted to know how I can remove the leather from the seats? I need to remove the leather from the the front 2 seats, the middle, and the back seats. Are there any pins to remove to get it off? Where are they located and how can I get to them easily? I am going to put the vinyl on these seats and then put the leather back on once I am done. Can I remove the leather without taking out the seats?

thanks

Thats got to be the dumbest thing that I've ever heard. You've got a five year old vehicle already, what are you saving them for? With proper car and cleaning, the leather on the seat will last for years. We had our '04 Navi for almost five years and 75k miles and the seats looked great. Sure they had some "patina" but thats what leather does. Oh yeah and that was with two young kids in the back too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back