how do i pull codes on a 2000 deville?

Nakoa

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
im going to look at a deville in a few days, im curious how i can pull up any error codes(if there are any) ive read that certain button combinations will bring them up, but i dont have a clue seeing how i drive a tc and my car has nothing of the sort. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

nakoa

I believe that you press and hold the 'off' and 'warmer' buttons on the climate control until the dash lights up and then it displays any codes. At least that's how it works on a 98 De Ville. Then when you want to go back to normal functions you press the 'auto' button.

Wow, thats cool, I guess Cadillac is lightyears ahead of Lincoln, Ive thought about switching teams, but I dont know..

95ltc said:
Wow, thats cool, I guess Cadillac is lightyears ahead of Lincoln, Ive thought about switching teams, but I dont know..

Yeah, the caddys have been self diagnostic for a while, thats one of the biggest reasons i am considering one. if its been well taken care of, i can deal with a little oil consumption if thats the only problem that i will encounter.
the more i read up on cadillac, the more i like what they have to offer, and im beginning to think lincoln is on a downfall and may never be redeemed.
sucks. lincoln really cant compete with them anymore. lincolns big contender is going to be buick. and as much as ive argued the other side of it, i feel like a douche for flipping like that, but the truth is the truth. but i still stand by my original words, give me a 90-99 tc over a 90-99 deville.

im not quite sure if im ready to give up my town car for a deville, i like my interior WAY better, but i want a different car, one thats on(or above in the devilles case) the same level. and thats the deville. ill know which id rather have once ive spent a little bit more time behind the devilles wheel.

Caddy has been self diagnostic since the mid eighties but IMHO the Deville didn't get really nice until 1994 when they put the northstar motor in the Concours. My 90 Fleetwood is nowhere near as nice a car as my 93 Eldorado with the northstar. Of course, the fleetwood has nearly 100,000 more miles on it than the eldo so that might have something to do with it. The northstar doesn't use any more oil than the 4.5 in the fleetwood, so I'm not sure if the dreaded oil consumption problem is that widespread or if people who have the problem are more vocal in the forums.Just because a hospital is full of sick people doesn't mean that there is an epidemic in the general population.

Yeah my 88 deville had that too. I pressed some buttons on the AC and all. Which one are you planning to buy? I drove a 2001 deville DHS. I would Like to have one because it had so much technology like heated seats in the back, lumbar in the back, the guages were better than the TC(not better then the conti though)and had the rear power shade, tri-zone climate control. It seemed faster then the TC but not the Conti. I know that the DTS is ALOT faster but I don't think I would ever buy a DTS because I would rather have the technology then power.
But one thing the Cadillac couldn't beat at the time when we bought the TC was the price. The Sig series Town car had alot more to offer than the Deville base model.

Well lets just say that Ill always have a Lincoln or a Cadillac! :L but maybe one day Ill say :C

Members online

Back