how do i get to the PCM on my 2004

zeebee

LVC Member
Reaction score
I need to get to the PCM to get the numbers off it on my 2004 v8,
anyone out there know how to get to it? I'm not seeing it readily under the dash stuff, but I haven't taken anything apart...
ZB

pulling it out is ugly - but the PCM code should be visible on a sticker on the end of the PCM.

it up behind the glove box in the firewall - on pre-03 LSes you have to remove a plastic trim piece the covers the bottom of the dash in the passenger footwell - I think the 04s do not have that.

I used a flashlight in my mouth, laying on my back, looking up under the dash (not a pretty sight).

Quik LS said:
I used a flashlight in my mouth, laying on my back, looking up under the dash (not a pretty sight).
LOL!! I can see you on your head trying to find the PCM code. It's no worse than trying to do a fuse tap in the passenger side foot well.

thanks quik, ghost.
I am having a little trouble getting the sct xcalibrator to work, and torrie needs a little more info for the next tune tryout.
Thats why you haven't heard from me about how it works...
My right foot itches.
ZB

Just an idea. I have occasionally found that it is worth the little extra time to remove the seat and have a lot more floor space to work on under the dash.

Most cars I have worked on only had about 4 bolts holding the seat down and maybe a plug or two. The LS might be a little different since there is an AC air outlet under the seat, so maybe you can't lay on your back there.

It sure saves my back when I have to get under the dash for long periods. In this case, hopefully you only need to be under there a few minutes and maybe you are small. Otherwise, pulling the seat is awful tempting and usually very easy.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

Members online

No members online now.
Back