how do i change the shift knob?

jnp1267

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 ls with the black auto shift knob, i have purchased the woodgrain knob. I am wondering how you take off the old knob and put on the new 1? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Step 1. pull down on the lower plastic piece of the shift knob:
shift1.jpg

Step 2. locate 2 screws that have now become uncovered:
shift2.jpg

Step 3. Remove screws, and remove knob.

Reverse steps when installing new one!

got it! Thanks for he input guys, im new to the LS im comin from a camaro! if yall need help with that lemme know! Appreciate the help!

you have to replace it with one with a lever dont you. are there many cool looking after market ones with a lever or button

The T-Bird had a black gloss knob that fits the LS, other than the black leather haven't seen any aftermarket.

Those seats would be bangin' in an LS except for the thunderbird logo, and the lack of cooling option, and all the power adjustments that appear to be missing.

hahahaha he said newbz are you 12 lol just kidding but anyways i havent heard someone say that in a while atleast anyone old enough to own an LS

Man Pete don't feel bad, I thought it was spelled "STUOPID" too but I used the LVC Search tool and found out it's really spelled "STUPID." I guess public education really does suck! :D

Man Pete don't feel bad, I thought it was spelled "STUOPID" too but I used the LVC Search tool and found out it's really spelled "STUPID." I guess public education really does suck! :D

you thought it was spelled stuopid? was....that's just sad....real sad. Btw, did you know the "O" key is next to the "P" key? Well guess maybe I was tipsy enough to slip a finger. At least I knew what I was trying to post with correct grammar in mind.

I'm just a sad kind of guy I guess. Well I'm off to go drink a few bottles of White Zinfandel to drown out my sorrows and pass out now. :p

Members online

Back