How clean is your engine?

Terrance

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well my engine is embarrassingly filthy, and after seeing how clean some of the other engnes are kept I am ashamed of it. So what's the best method for cleaning, can I have it blasted with one of those hot steam pressure washers, or will that dammage something electrical? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Terrence, I read the title & figured I'd chime in. ... My engine compartment looks like it was sitting in a junkyard. ... But I can hit 120+ in an 11 sec pass ... So make it faster & just say that you are so quick that you catch all the dirt during your rocket ship feeling of accelleration! :)

Terrance said:
Well my engine is embarrassingly filthy, and after seeing how clean some of the other engnes are kept I am ashamed of it. So what's the best method for cleaning, can I have it blasted with one of those hot steam pressure washers, or will that dammage something electrical? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

you can buy engine de-greaser at almost any auto parts store, spray it on get a 12-16" scrub brush & go to work, rinse it of with a hose then spray some engine dressing on it, you'll be surprised how good it will look .

I love my cars and I love keeping them clean but when it comes to keeping the engine clean I have yet to ever clean one. I can maybe see if it was a showcar but with roads around here and the only time my car has its hood up is to get an oil change I really don't see the point in doing it

ONEBADMK8 said:
I use Simple Green engine, let the car warm up, then spray it down, then rinse. AMAZING stuff.

You mean Simple Green Automotive.....same shiznit I use :Beer

i love cd2 much better then simple green.... its a engine degresser and detailer....

CD2 has always been slimy and drys in droplets and drips. Its a detailer not a degreaser/cleaner.
I do not like that one bit. I have tried it several times. I use simple green and then I highlight with tire wet.

Won MANY shows with this combo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back