how big is the gas tank

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
how many gallons does our tanks hold? going out of town and trying to figure out some things, how much cash to carry....

itsnotmydaddys said:
how many gallons does our tanks hold? going out of town and trying to figure out some things, how much cash to carry....

I'm sure that many members have already figured this out, but I regularly put 18 gallons in when I fill up (but not with "regular""). Monday, I put in 19.098. I know, it's supposedly not good to let it get this low. Incidentally, this being my first Ford in 20 years, why does Ford put their fuel intakes on the wrong side? I still pull up to the wrong side of the pump half the time?

tbirdnlincoln said:
I'm sure that many members have already figured this out, but I regularly put 18 gallons in when I fill up (but not with "regular""). Monday, I put in 19.098. I know, it's supposedly not good to let it get this low. Incidentally, this being my first Ford in 20 years, why does Ford put their fuel intakes on the wrong side? I still pull up to the wrong side of the pump half the time?

:I :I I have the same problem hate it when it happens to me!!

no answers but a read -> http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=99861&page=4

but this seems to be the best answer so far...
"Just checked in the car park and all of them have the flap on the opposite side to the tailpipe, where possible.

I don't know if it is a rule, or just an outcome from the difficulties caused by packaging the tank and the mufflers."

not sure what that means with dual exhaust....

Oxyargon03 said:
It's so you don't smack those damn poles with your door. That's my take on it anyways.

LOL!! Good answer! My Broncos have the gas cap on the drivers side. Every other Ford I owned had them on the passenger side.

I think so as well. A few weeks ago, the passenger in my car decided to get out of the car while I was filling it up and bam. The door went right into the pole. Luckily the edge of the door hit it, not the center. No dents, just a paint chip or 2.

Members online

No members online now.
Back