Hot air from A/C - DVVC?

LS-jsf

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried searching as I know this subject has come up on here, but I couldn't find much. If the passenger side 2 vents blow cold, or a mixture of cold & warm, but the drivers side 2 vents blow hot/warm, does this mean it's time to replace the DVVC or could it have something to do with a blend door or whatever is used in the LS, or something else? Thanks for the help.

The LS has no air temperature blend door. Say it with me, "The LS does not use an air temperature blend door."

Yes, it is probably the DCCV, but it could be the wiring, the DATC, or one of the discharge temperature sensors. That said, by a wide margin, it is almost always the DCCV.

BTW, DCCV = Dual Coolant Control Valve. I'm not sure what DVVC would stand for...

Last edited:
Wow, you're just hammering me today Joe? I own a Mark VIII and understand the the LS doesn't have a blend door like the Mark does, but I thought I read somewhere that there is some type of door that can stick or not work correctly in the LS as well. Notice I said "blend door or whatever is used in the LS." I didn't know what other term to use so someone would know what I meant. If there is nothing at all similar to a door that like that, my bad.

And be nice, I was heading out the door when I wrote that earlier and mis-spelled the DCCV. Geez. Thanks for the input though Joe.

The LS has no air temperature blend door. Say it with me, "The LS does not use an air temperature blend door."

Yes, it is probably the DCCV, but it could be the wiring, the DATC, or one of the discharge temperature sensors. That said, by a wide margin, it is almost always the DCCV.

BTW, DCCV = Dual Coolant Control Valve. I'm not sure what DVVC would stand for...

Got the Motorcraft DCCV installed today, seems to be working correctly now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back