Hose names?

num1bigguy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to see if a certain hose is available for a friends car. Anyone know of any accurate diagrams on the web? Forgive me ahead of time. Been a while since I was under the hood of a conti as I sold mine a couple years ago to get a mark. There is a conglomerate of hoses at what is considered to be the front right of the engine. Nearly behind the headlight. Near the power steering pump? Ran into friend at a gas station he was complaining about a noise only in reverse. Said its only been happening since he took his car to a shop that would never service my lincoln. He said he had a coolant leak. I laid down on the ground and looked up and this hose in question was leaking a very small amount but even a small leak is too much. I was laying in front of the right front tire looking up just behind the bumper cover area. There is a pulley and behind it is a hose that meanders toward the right side of the radiator. It has duct tape on it and at the other end is the cause of his noise, a hose clamp that rubs a pulley when the engine moves from going into reverse. I thought he might have a bad motor mount but said it was there from the mechanic. Car is a 2002 lincoln continental. If someone has the name of the hose that's cool as well. But I should be able to tell from a picture.

Is it a solid aluminum line or a rubber hose? I am pretty sure the A/C lines run over there along with the Power Steering and Trans lines. If it only does it in Reverse I would check the motor mounts, it could be torquing the engine just far enough on bad mounts to hit against it.

I believe it's the hose clamp someone attached to the top. There should be some movement in the motor. I had my friend hold the brake and push the gas while in gear. The motion didn't seem excessive. Moved about 1/2 inch. Just enough for a pulley to rub on the hose clamp.

The hose that is leaking I am under the impression that it's a heater hose that has a metal fitting on the end of it. It is leaking coolant on this hose. Dudes mechanic said it was an unavailable hose to replace. But at the same time I bet he only checked a couple places and gave up. I wish I had a pic of the hose.

fordparts.com has some diagrams of the coolant system. I would also look at the bushings in the dog bone motor mount on the top of the engine so be sure that they are not worn out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back