horse power

mark7lover

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My friend owns a 1989 mustang gt. I was wondering is there anything I can do to increase the horse power on my stock 1988 lincoln mark VII lsc? :steering because I am tired of being *owned* when we race.

most of the 5.0 mods and bolt on's will work but our MKVII's are H E A V Y from the begin with. And you know there is always one out there faster than you. Depending on how much you want to spend there are several directions you could go. All motor / super charger / n2O. I personal went the n2O route with a MAC cold air intake, ZEX n2O system (55-125hp depending how 'sturdy" your motor is) :nos: and will be installing 3.55 gears and a 2.5' exhaust with shorty headers, off road h pipe. That will be it for me ... all in all about $1500.00 (maybe the ford racing e 303 cam if wife approves more dollars ... lol ...)

Supercharger kits will require a mass air conversion from what I read or at least it is recommended. All motor is the most expensive way with better flowing intake, heads, exahust and so on. I believe holley has a complete kit with intake, heads and cam shaft for $2500-$3000.

Of course check when you last did a good tune up ... can make all the difference according to Oldschool

:L

start with a less restrictive exhaust, better headers, aftermarket h or x pipe, performance mufflers, and larger tailpipes (mustang lx5.0 tails fit with minor mods) a cold air intake and a 65mm tb and a 1/2" upper intake spacer will help a little more
gears and a shift kit will help get the power to the wheels better also
dont be worried about weight lol you got one of them lightweight lincolns lol.......i race a towncar :L

mark7lover said:
My friend owns a 1989 mustang gt. I was wondering is there anything I can do to increase the horse power on my stock 1988 lincoln mark VII lsc? :steering because I am tired of being *owned* when we race.
hehehe
Like they said ...
Anyway, either have your car loose 1200 pounds ~or~ do a complete tune up (no cutting corners) and then challenge Dude to a bracket race. Our 1988's actually do better in a group of three runs. On average, I've done like three tenths slow then two tenth fast then average. That's a perfect group for bracket racing.

Or you could shrink your gonads by 25% and buy a Mustang.

Members online

No members online now.
Back