horrible noise!

clay

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Wassup masters LS member :p when driving m'y ls05 v6 a loud noise coming from the right back of the car?? Sound like a mouse screaming or a bad spring in a bed -_- think its some rust and dirty in my table suspension.....what you guys think i can do?and if i have to replace the table do u guys have a link where i can buy aT good price???thanks in advance

Sorry in french we call it table look like a triangle and there the upper one and the bottom one u see what im trying to describe or tomorrow ill make a video

Control Arm w/ balljoint

I guess I should have kept up with my French. Then again that was 40 years ago.....

Now to the issue. When do you hear the noise? All the time? When the suspension is flexing? Hot or cold out? Most suspension part failures make a clunking noise. Does the sound change with speed? When turning?

[video=youtube_share;UuftQYTBwoA]http://youtu.be/UuftQYTBwoA[/video] aller right si u guys any idea it startup this winter and its very anoying

[video=youtube_share;UuftQYTBwoA]http://youtu.be/UuftQYTBwoA[/video] aller right si u guys any idea it startup this winter and its very anoying

I had that noise in the same wheel..on the back..I replaced the struts and the sway bar links in the rear..and it is history. Thought it might be the coil spring..but it was the strut. Looks like you can move it up and down very easily and it should be harder to push down..I'm thinking your strut/coil is worn.

Try spraying lithium grease on the area where the shock absorber bolt is and the bolts where the lower control arm is connected to the frame and knuckle. The bushings for those dried out and creates the squeak. I got that same noise on my rear before, a can of liquid wrench lithium grease fixed it.

Okk so your telling me i should spray some grease on all the area and if the sound continue what should i change the struts and the sway bar link like Rojas was saying?

I can find this grease at Canadian tire?

Auto parts stores or large "Box stores" like Wal-Mart should have this grease in the auto department. It comes in a white spray can (like WD-40) and the label will show "Liquid Wrench White Lithium Grease"

How many miles? If you're over 50k miles it's probably time for new shocks all around. The LS uses coil-over shocks, not struts; they are different....

To me that sounds like the spring is moving around in the isolator causing the squeak. Like said above, spray all the rubber components under there with dry, white lithium grease. I would be surprised if Canadian Tire didn't carry it.

Ive been at Canadian tire the dude said i have to change all what i need exactly and can i buy on rock auto?

I'd jack the car up, disconnect the shock and sway bar from the lower control arm, then move the knuckle up and down to see if it's a control arm bushing. If those aren't squeaking then I'd suspect the shock itself. Also be a good opportunity for a visual inspection.

And yes im over 50 000 im at 115 000

KMs or miles?

Shocks are VERY hard to find; at least the sport shocks are! Rock Auto does have good prices. Stay away from Monroe, they are rubbish! Motorcraft are the best choice.

love the end of that demonstration vid.

and ya can't get those at Tire'Canadien

When my 2005 LS had a noise like yours a couple of years back, I had the dealer replace the rear stabilizer end links and the noise ceased. They used Moog end links with greaseable zirk fittings. This winter the noise came back much louder, but it stopped when it warmed up and now today I noticed a squeaking noise only when the suspension returns to the up position (after pressing down). Like others suggested, when it gets a little warmer, I plan to disconnect the stabilizer end links to determine where is the noise coming from; whether it is from the suspension arms bushings or the stabilizer bar bushings and end links.

Okk but do you think if i buy what i linked the noise will stop???

No.

For rear LCAs (Lower Control Arm) you have 2 options: Motorcraft (dealer only, ~$450 tax-in), or RockAuto.com for a LEMFORDER part (OE suspension parts supplier for many European car makes. They made the arms for the S-Type) - I paid around ~$350/ea shipped. Search the web for a 5% off coupon.

Also, they are very limited stock, 1-2 per corner on hand max. Sometimes you'll have to check daily.

Members online

No members online now.
Back