Hooniverse - Obsecure muscle car garage - Lincoln LS GenII

lol, a couple of those pictures look very familiar...

its still my hot rod Lincoln!

what the fukc are these "wiring" issues these jabronies keep talking about.

also got a chuckle about the guy who talk about all the options for motor swaps...

probably...

but then again he has driven "several" engine swapped LSs so he might be cooler than all of us put together...

what the fukc are these "wiring" issues these jabronies keep talking about.

also got a chuckle about the guy who talk about all the options for motor swaps...

Probably referring to the coils that fail at the drop of a hat while setting no codes, sometimes taking the PCM with it, clock spring failures, ABS failures in the seats, and I seem to go through an awful lot of rear blinker bulbs considering I always use latex gloves when changing bulbs, use silicone grease and generally only use my signals when not doing so will interfere with other drivers. And no, I'm not the one who posted to that site, I just went and looked.

What airbag failures? The clockspring? The under seat connector?

If I remember correctly, the underseat wiring connector just comes apart, which certainly qualifies as a wiring fault. And the clockspring is a wiring connector designed to rotate, and the one on the LS seems to fail a lot quicker than it does on other cars. I've had to replace clocksprings before, but usually the car is in the 300K plus mile range, not under 100K miles.

If I remember correctly, the underseat wiring connector just comes apart, which certainly qualifies as a wiring fault. ...

AFAIK, this problem seems to only apply to the 1st gen.

And inadvertently caused by the easy entry/exit.....

The wires would break at the connector due to the repetitive motion or because the connector was kicked by the rear seat passenger.

All this may be true, but it still qualifies as an electrical fault if normal operation causes failure. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back