Homemade Speakers Box- PERFECT FIT

Shroomy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have recently finished what i think is one of, if not the best speaker boxes EVER for the LS. The actual box is made from MDF (multi directional fiber), It took us about 10 hours to go from start to finish. The old box was nice but completely occupied the trunk which was kind of a pain. Now, the box fits snuggly in the space directly behind the rear seats. (see photo's below)

dscf06127ju.jpg

gutless trunk.

dscf06142fg.jpg

back shot of the box before inserted.

dscf06158de.jpg

frontal veiw, with all the hardware mounted.

dscf06174ov.jpg

the box mounted in the car. see what i mean? PERFECT FIT!

The bass boost was noticeable, with the trunk closed it moved the license plate and offset the mirrors.

if you could let me in on the dimensions of that bad boy so i could replicate it, i would be very appreciative.... :wrench

or maybe you could build me one for a few bucks ;-P

well, the dimensions are one thing but the tricky part was the angles, that mdf isnt the easiest stuff to cut, especially if you dont have an amazing asortment of profesional saws.

ill go meassure and report back in a few.

job very well done, i am going to have to get something made very soon. I just installed my amps, now it's time for a pimp box.
Eamonn

ok, here are the dimensions, note that you should still meassure for yourself but this gives you a rough idea of what to do. And also note that the angles are not included, compare this with the photos of the actual box to get the full effect.

questions and feedback are encouraged!!

Box-INS.JPG

pretty nice, i like the way they sit in that "hole". neon isnt really my style but looks hot on some cars.

motts wont build $hit, ive been trying to get him to send me his old box but its a no go. hey motts aim me

ya, im lou's son.
lenn, try to build a box of your won first, its not that hard. goto home depot and buy a sheet of mdf (16$) then get some fabric (2$) and try it out. its not as hard as it seems.

depends name a price.. i'll see what i can do.. the thing is i'm from michigan,, i'd have to build/ship blablaal

logan, u got anyhthing else done to ur ride, thats gotta be noce having ur dad be that good with ls's, does he hook ur :q:q:q:q up, how old ru

sorry man im actually 14, no ride yet :'( but in the future i hope.
this box was made for lous car, he needed a new one so we built it, but he wasnt interested in posting it, so i figured it was worth posting, so i posted it. haha
just because im a kid doesnt mean i dont know my :q:q:q:q, i have done/helped with every project done to quik ls.

if i can afford an ls when im 16 then id get an ls, haha.
i dunno, lous the ugliest son of a bitch ever!! even for a 72 year old. hes wifes a babe tho. i think she'll get an ls when shes finnaly old enough to drive. That texas place, strange....

Shroomy said:
i dunno, lous the ugliest son of a bitch ever!! even for a 72 year old. hes wifes a babe tho. i think she'll get an ls when shes finnaly old enough to drive. That texas place, strange....
LMFAO! I knew it! Just kiddin' Lou! :N

Couple things guys. You really shouldn't build a box to fit your car and put any driver in it. Every speaker is designed to have the right cubic volume behind it. Also, MDF is medium density fiber board.

Good luck!

Shroomy said:
if i can afford an ls when im 16 then id get an ls, haha.
:bowrofl:

we did meassure the cubic area of the bass chamber, we also added some filling to make the chamber the proper size.

I had a box for a single 12" alpine that fit so nice. I wish i didn't sell it. It was flush with the back seat, and you could fully access the spare tire and battery.

Hey lenn, I thought me, motts, and 2k2ls gave you a crash course in box building a while ago.

Members online

Back