HomeLink Question

M4rk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last weekend I fixed my leaking sunroof drain which involved pulling the headliner down (and leaving the sun visor hanging by the wire). Since then the range of my HomeLink has become about 10% of what it used to be.. is it possible I broke something up there?

Thanks!

The service manual says to check to see if the vanity mirror lights work. If they do, and the HomeLink doesn't work correctly, it says to replace the visor. If the lights don't work, check fuse 4 in the trunk.

AFAIK, the antenna for the HomeLink is all internal to the visor.

I suppose that you could try reprogramming the opener to the HomeLink.

The service manual says to check to see if the vanity mirror lights work. If they do, and the HomeLink doesn't work correctly, it says to replace the visor. If the lights don't work, check fuse 4 in the trunk.

AFAIK, the antenna for the HomeLink is all internal to the visor.

I suppose that you could try reprogramming the opener to the HomeLink.

Thanks, Joe! I was hoping you would chime in.

The vanity mirror lights work. The LED on the HomeLink pad also works, but it seems a little dimmer than before as far as I can tell..

I'll will reprogram it, and report back.

Post of no help, as most of mine are. But reading this almost had me spitting my lunch all over my screens at work.

What do you mean I'm funny, you mean the way I talk? What? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f-in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

What do you mean I'm funny, you mean the way I talk? What? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f-in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Epic Quote.

Update: The little remote for the opener also has an awful range. It must be the opener itself, not my HomeLink.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a Genie garage door opener and the range is basically to about 20-feet outside the door. So it doesn't really work until I am literally pulling into the driveway.

For comparison purposes.

Members online

Back