Homelink not working correctly

Andrew L

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok this is strange but I had programed the homelink to work on my garage door and it was working great for about a few weeks. The other day it stopped working and now every time I program it it works once and then stops working :mad:

Anyone else have this issue and knew how to fix it?

Ok this is strange but I had programed the homelink to work on my garage door and it was working great for about a few weeks. The other day it stopped working and now every time I program it it works once and then stops working :mad:

Anyone else have this issue and knew how to fix it?

Do you have a roaming code opener? That takes "special" programming.

no its fairly new, Just installed last year i believe

You have to program the homelink to the opener, and then you have to program the opener to the homelink. I suspect that it's the second step that you are skipping.

You have to program the homelink to the opener, and then you have to program the opener to the homelink. I suspect that it's the second step that you are skipping.

i couldn't get mine to work either until Joe told me this, now its been working for a couple of years now with no problems

It was working for about 2 weeks then stopped for no reason....

I reprogrammed it for the 10th time and it seems to be working for now but if it cuts out again I wont be too happy :mad:

Members online

Back