Holy CRAP!!! Vega UPDATE!! L@@K!

ONEBADMK8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Check it out I found ONE mag so far, look how BADA$$$ the Vega looked in 85!! OMG I am speeeechless!! Still can't believe it! I freakin LOVE this car!! Now Im on the hunt for a 6-71 and Enderle hat!

footloose.jpg

Yes it is super cool. It was in 5 total plus a World Of Wheels Custom Car Show Program Cover too. He toured with that show in Ill & KY for 4 years. I know someone somewhere has pics but that will be hard to find.

Yeah after talking with Danny the Guy who built it I have to. Too much History and Family went into this car.

Got the blower & belt guard yesterday!! Spent 3 hours on one side. Tonight the other side, drive, back plate & snout. It's going to look like a diamond.

vega-95.jpg

vega-96.jpg

vega-98.jpg

vega-99.jpg

vega-100.jpg

So it was at many World of Wheels shows years ago? I used to go when I was little right around that time, car does look familiar. Took lots of pictures back then, mostly of the General Lee and Daisy though.

So it was at many World of Wheels shows years ago? I used to go when I was little right around that time, car does look familiar. Took lots of pictures back then, mostly of the General Lee and Daisy though.

Yes this car was one of the "draw cars" they paid to show up and tour the WOW shows in the tri state area.

It was at the 84 and 85 shows in Kentucy at Roberts Municipal Stadium for sure, the other venues I do not know the locations of.

Hell yeah and Yeeee Hawwwwww Daisy rocks, those legs,,,,,yummy.

Well the Vega did follow the design ques of the Camaro throughout its run. But WAYYY Smaller, hell when Im done with this Ill have a 650hp 2655 lb car.

Basically a pissed off GoKart.

Last edited:
FINALLY got the Enderle Birdcatcher injector hat today! Looks SOOO KILLER perched on the blower, man am I EVER motivated to get this sucker done now!! LOL!!!
vega-121.jpg

vega-120.jpg

I must have missed the thread, but what is the story behind you getting this car? And are there more pics of the car in its current shape?

The blower is looking awesome.

Bought it off a Cragslist Ad 3 Months ago.

The car was built on 1979 into 1980 when it was completed.

It then went on to Win Best Engineered and BEST engine at the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in 84.

It also had a LONG career at the World Of Wheels Custom Car Show Circuit from 83 to 86.

When I got the car it had been in dry storage for 16 years and the rest is History. Yes theres a TON of pics HERE.

Looked at the pics. That is wild that it is still in such good shape. I wonder what Rick Dobbertin's J2000 looks like today. Are you going to try to make the engine compartment look like it did back in the 80's?

Yes I am nut bolt and washer bringing it back to the Car Craft days. I have been in contact with this original owner/builder on this and CC is going to do a Resurction article on it when it's done. I have it all Except the hat which I got today, mechanical pump and lines & radiator. Remember Ricks Blown and twin turboed 64 Nova from the early 80's? It was blue. He is still around. I am selling my Trans Am and 8 second Malibu to support this project so if you know anyone interested in the NJ area let me know.

I remember Rick's pro street Nova. I was just getting into cars around 1983 or so and remember seeing the Nova in Car Craft or was it Hot Rod? I have the issues of Car Craft and Hod Rod with the J2000 in them somehwere in my storage unit. I have lots of old car mags from the mid to late 80's. I remember seeing the bastard Pro Street cars that were showcased in one of the mid 80's issues. They were awful. They took the common fwd cars like Grand Ams and Cavaliers and tubbed them and made them look like Pro Streeters but they were still fwd with the stock power train. That was back before companies knew how to mod computer controlled cars. I remember that the time slips of those cars were so bad so they only would run the 1/8 tracks.

Yeah they were mean looking and REAL slow!!! Not all but most. Most never saw the 1/4 at all. My Vega after talking to Danny Pittman the builder even told me the only time the Vega went down the track was at the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals Winners parade!! LOL! The Car was a Real Serious Street Bruiser though! Only lost to bikes back in the day!! LOL!

Just messin' around with the Vega Engine while it's still in the Malibu. I started my belt mock up and pulley shimming tonight and I couldn't resist a few pics. Looks mean on the Malibu. I freakin' LOVE Enderle Birdcatchers!!! LOL

malibu-122.jpg

malibu-121.jpg

malibu-124.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back