Holly short circuit LS man

Sparkplug70

LVC Member
Reaction score
First I want to thank all , mainly Joey , for the correct advise on the problem with my 04 Ls. So it is to no surprise I am here with another strange one to fix. I pushed the set button 2 to exit the car and the horn and the electric tilt when crazy. The tilt went up,down about 2 times and the horn stayed on until i was able to disconnect the battery. It took almost 3hrs to be able to finally hook up the battery. Un able to get the horn to stop i just un plugged it . The tilt is stuck all the way down and will only move up just a little before it goes down back to bottom if you have the button pushed up. All other buttons on the wheel work. Radio,cruise settings and turn signals. All of this happened when I the #2 seat memory button on exiting the car. Thank you all once again for the help I have always received on this site.

The tilt symptom sounds like a failed position sensor, but it could also be wiring to the sensor, as could the horn issue. I'd start by looking at the wiring in the column that moves as the wheel tilts and telescopes. Maybe it got snagged and torn somewhere?

I have the same issue as op, 2006 Lincoln LS .

Horn honks until battery is disconnected. Tilt wheel will not go up, goes up slightly to then back down.

Had to completely disconnect clockspring.

I've noticed there is limited information on this topic for Gen 2 LS. There does not seem to be clockspring issues with Gen 2 LS.

Do note that the tilt signals/control do not go through the clockspring. I'd look for the short somewhere on the column close to but below the clockspring.

I've checked already. Wiring is in somewhat of a loom. Will check more thoroughly and report my findings back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back