hitch and trailer wiring

mcafferty

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
what is the best trailer wiring/light kit and what is the best hitch to use for the LS? thanks for the help.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I would tow or hitch anything to my LS....

I just saw a white gen 1 LS with a hitch on the back. Next time I see it, I'll take a picture. Hell, if it's parked somewhere I'll ask the guy.

And I agree with king03LS. I wouldn't tow anything with the LS. Unless it was something small aka a crotch rocket or a jet ski. Although I wouldn't use the LS to actually land the jet ski.

Do a search.
There was a guy who fashioned his own blind hitch system, for his LS.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no "KIT"...you have to fab it yourself.
BTW, the guy did a great job, and you cant see it, when the hitch is out of the receiver.

And I agree with king03LS. I wouldn't tow anything with the LS. Unless it was something small aka a crotch rocket or a jet ski. Although I wouldn't use the LS to actually land the jet ski.

I don't think I would even tow that. You can rent trailers from Uhaul for stuff lke that. Don't ruin your car. My friends Dad used to tow his boat with a Camry, that didn't last long at all.

yeah, king03, you're probably right. On second thought, I'm getting a cheap 4wd for winter anyways. It;s worth the extra 2000 to just buy a towing vehicle instead of rigging the LS...

I don't think I would even tow that. You can rent trailers from Uhaul for stuff lke that. Don't ruin your car. My friends Dad used to tow his boat with a Camry, that didn't last long at all.

As long as it is around 2000 lbs or less I wouldn't worry about towing as long as you have a good hitch, have towed before, and tow with caution. Think about it, the car has a full frame and is nearly 4000lbs, so it certainly weighs enough, and the 5r55 trans in the LS is very similar to the one found in the explorer.

My 16ft jet boat w/trailer weighs about 1650 lbs fully loaded and I tow it a few times every month during the warmer months with the LS. It gets about 19-20.5mpg with a mix of D4 and D5 on the highway at 60-70mph.

Think about it, the car has a full frame and is nearly 4000lbs, so it certainly weighs enough, and the 5r55 trans in the LS is very similar to the one found in the explorer.

The LS has a uni-body, not a frame.

I have a Crown Vic that can push a fourteen ton RV. As long as you don't go crazy, you can tow with a V8 LS.

Members online

No members online now.
Back