Hint for steering wheel control cluster issue

grizzlyls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So, I get this intermittent (meaning it works some times, more often not) problem with washer button not spraying, horn doesn't blow, and the radio volume up actually changes the preset up. Rest of the stuff is fine near as I can tell. Is this the clock spring thingy wearing out?

Just those 3 things. Everything else seems fine.

Could be the clockspring for two of those, but the washer is not related. When it won't spray, do the wipers sweep anyway?

On my 2nd gen, sometimes when I turn the volume down on the steering wheel the volume goes up on the radio. Maybe it's the button? I did exchange it for a used one that wasn't faded from a junkyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same problem on my 1rst gen. Cruise doesn't work, volume button changes station, horn doesn't work aswell.

On my 2nd gen, sometimes when I turn the volume down on the steering wheel the volume goes up on the radio. Maybe it's the button? I did exchange it for a used one that wasn't faded from a junkyard.

Sounds like the clockspring to me... Then again... When I bought my 2000 new I had the same problem with the switch. The dealer replaced the switch twice before they figured out the radio was to blame.

Probably just a dirty dusty fuse box!

Simply open fuse box and rise with soapy water ... that'll fix it for sure.

NOT -1

lol looks like a trend.... I am not so concerned about the radio, someday it will be gone anyhow if I ever get past the mechanical expenses. Luckily cruise works, and I am only horny around women..... no offense ladies! :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back