Highest Bid EVER at Barrett-Jackson

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
Yes, you read that right....the Highest Bid EVER at Barrett-Jackson. The bid was for a 1954 Oldsmobile Concept car.....The F-88 'Vert. ONE of ONE, went for $3,000,000 plus the 8% commission......

The XP-20 project, commonly known as F-88 was a pet project of Harley Earl (working with him was Bill Mitchell, Ken Pickering, Zora Duntov etc.). Four cars came out of the project, but only styling order #2265 (this car) survived. It was sold or given to E.L. Cord (Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg owner) in 1955. Hundreds of internal GM documents and original blue prints are still with this sole survivor.
:Beer

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=178112

It hurts me to have witnessed this. 1) It was for a POS GM 2) It wasn't some beautiful classic 3) It was a POS GM

yeah, i saw that on tv. i thought it wouldnt go for more than 300k! Certantly not somthing that would strike my fance, talk about cool...how bout that corvette pair. that was real nice, whatd that sell for...550k?

Members online

Back