High RPMs

dneace0012

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is ~2000 RPM too high for dead flat road at 50 mph? Could this be related to my transmission "E" (p1744) that I get? 2nd gen v6.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416440365.989651.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416440365.989651.jpg

when cruising at 60, I am right in the middle of my exhaust's drone zone... the drone zone is from 1800 -2600 RPM.

so I guess depending on what your gearing is, that may be reasonable.

do you feel it shift into all five gears?

P1744 Ford - Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck in Off Position

so if the torque converter isn't locking, i would say yes, that is contributing.

P1744 Ford - Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck in Off Position

so if the torque converter isn't locking, i would say yes, that is contributing.

that makes more sense, I looked up the wrong number, for some reason I looked up a P1733 lol, a 3-4 shift wouldn't have been the problem but thats not his issue!

Does anyone elses transmission, when you floor it locked in 4th (SST), have the TC momentarily lock up around 75mph and 4000rpm (dropping it to maybe 3500) then unlock it a couple seconds later?

when cruising at 60, I am right in the middle of my exhaust's drone zone... the drone zone is from 1800 -2600 RPM.

so I guess depending on what your gearing is, that may be reasonable.

do you feel it shift into all five gears?

Yes, I do. Seems fine except for RPMs and gas mileage. It's a v6 and only gets about 18-19 mpg. That's being really easy on the throttle.

... It's a v6 and only gets about 18-19 mpg. That's being really easy on the throttle.

Urban, rural, interstate, mixed, ... ?

I think that at 18 to 19 you are doing good. The V6 only gets you one more MPG than the V8.

I think that if you want to do better than 19, you'd have to do mostly flat interstate driving.

back a couple of years ago, I lived way more in the country than I do now, all straight flat back county paved roads. best I could average was in the 19's... I would maybe see 20 every once in a while but then I would need to pass somebody or just want to stretch its legs out a bit and it would drop the average right back down.

Members online

No members online now.
Back