High rear end makes backing up, difficult.

jwolsen

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 1999 Lincoln Continental 4 months ago, with 54000 miles on it. My old car was a Cadillac Seville. The rear air bag suspension on the Conti, had been converted to coil suspension. I love the Conti, but the rear end, is a lot higher than what I've been accustomed to, and I find backing up, extremely difficult, even with side mirrors that go down, when put in reverse. Has anyone else experienced difficulty with backing up, and is there any fix for lowering the rear end? I would appreciate any feedback that can be provided. It may just be me, but I can't see where my back end, ends. Thanks again for any responses.

Just know how long your car is. That or get a back up camera or back up sensors installed. I'm sure many others have managed not to hit stuff when backing up with large cars, trailers, limos, etc you just have to know where your car is at all times in relation to other objects.

Thank you very much, this information is extremely helpful. Thanks alot. jw

You can find them for cheap on ebay, you might have to paint them to match the color of your car. They do make a back up camera for around 100 bucks, attatches to the 2 top screws on your license plate and sends the video wirelessly to a little screen that clips to your mirror.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your information. This is a great forum. Just found it last night. Thank you, jw

Members online

No members online now.
Back