high fan speeds and heat is it A/C

smegun

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ive been bleeding the coolant system and i dont have a charge on the a/c at all i can get around the block but then my fan starts to rev up and my temps climb i get in the driveway and idle eventually the fan slows down and im back at square 1 should i put some 134 in to equalize to try and get to a point i can drive it ? could that i dont have any charge on ac be reason that im overheating and fan is climbing ?

Your empty AC system has nothing to do with your overheating problems.
If you were to fix your AC, it would only make it worse, since the working AC would add heat to the radiator.

it was always somewhat tricky getting the fan to stop any time i had to work on the car and drain the blood but it usually just took a couple times of purging and then i was good to go this time around i had the whole front part of the car off looking at the primary chains after getting it back together i havnt got the coolant purged correctly or wondering the fact i got no 134 at all in is also a question ??? the hydrolic fan was quite and no burps when returning the mercon

thanks i want to drive it to the ac guy down the road eventually .... i was thinking on changing the purge hose itself most recently and have a couple spare .... like air is being drawn in from somewhere makes gaps and steam and overheat ???
since i ran it last and being parked in my garage ive seen less steam ....the wiper park was leading me to confusion water dripping down under manifold and block areas getting into tubes and such ....im dryer now but maybe im getting air gap then later steams from same spot someone was telling me of two areas behind manifold or valley areas that can leak

almost straight distilled water ive been adding more concentrate to concentrate the idea im at 50/50 ..well its boil over protection too after reading the label :/ ..... water wetter ?have there been any complaints?

im contemplating the newest concentrate from walmart seems a little lite maybe label is crossed with 50/50 :/ prestone last time ,,,,, yea i got the manual but i didnt exactly top off the degas and i ran the purge intermittent quite a few times and im still seeing fine foamy and the fan is revving up temps are 230 235 icant get it around the block a couple times without it spiking ......its hot here think the ambient temp sense is throwing me ??? i havnt boiled over the degas yet ..... in the manual parts of the diagnostic check out im at pressure cap test but there are signs of pressure when i open the fill cap .... we have the unique 3.9 i probobly need to find a universal or specific ota to do the test p.s .......... i bypassed the heater once and had ac loaded with cold ac as in no problems for a short time i wasnt loosing any fluid havnt had time to watch my degass to find out yet but im hoping i dont have a hot spot in the motor .....

Mixing the wrong types of coolant can cause lots of problems. I never use universal. Motorcraft or Zerex g5 are the only way to go imo.

on the third day he is .... anyway so last night running forscan was getting too hot today i opened the fill and noted the bottle down quite a bit from being high to low the fill was down too enough to put a bottle of water in no sign of water on my garage floor :) purging and bleeding may not be enough you have to follow the manual letting the vehicle cool overnight and vacuum down the coolant today forscan is telling me im 209 deg. and no fan revs think i may have got it ...but who is to say a good rule is no immediate observation is correct ...think i might have a claim on the hourly rates

Members online

Back