hid's

dnce0589

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was wondering does ne one have the silver star hid bulbs on their ls

Are you speaking of the halogen Sylvania SilverStar bulbs? Reason I ask is because I don't know of a SilverStar HID bulb. If so, I'm currently running them in my hi-beams without a problem. Read that SilverStar's don't last nearly as long as a standard halogen if that's what you were getting at. Think of your output like the speed of your car, if you're going to go fast (brighter light), you're going to burn more fuel (light's longevity).

*Edit - Agree with bmxbang though. If you want HID color, there is no substitute for HID.

Are you speaking of the halogen Sylvania SilverStar bulbs? Reason I ask is because I don't know of a SilverStar HID bulb. If so, I'm currently running them in my hi-beams without a problem. Read that SilverStar's don't last nearly as long as a standard halogen if that's what you were getting at. Think of your output like the speed of your car, if you're going to go fast (brighter light), you're going to burn more fuel (light's longevity).

*Edit - Agree with bmxbang though. If you want HID color, there is no substitute for HID.

I was going to respond that the Silver Stars aren't HID, but it looks like there is now an actual HID version Silver Star.

I was going to respond that the Silver Stars aren't HID, but it looks like there is now an actual HID version Silver Star.

Good to know. I had also assumed OP was talking about the non HID Silverstars as to my knowledge thats all there was.

I didn't know either. Tried to go to Sylvania's site to check but it wasn't working right at the time, clicked links to nothing.

Those are halogen bulbs.

To get white light theres no way around it....buy oem HID's or install an hid kit.

damn well then i guess $120,00 was way to much then
It is nowadays. With the demand being so high for kits, it's almost highway robbery unless you get a 100% genuine German made Philips HID kit. A lot of people use the kit above with no problems, Hondas, Chevys, Toyotas, Etc. The kit it cheap and can't beat the warranty.

i run the ddm 35watt 6000k in my ls and have no problems. i did have to aim them down a bit cause of glare but really enjoy the look better than halogen. i bought some 6000k led bulbs for the fog lights too from v-led for the color matching.

are there ne videos of someone converting their gen 1 ls to a hid

There is really no need for a vid. You take out the bulb, unplug it from the clip, and then everything else is self explanitory. Everything on that kit is plug and play. There is no way to misplug anything. Then install the bulb back into the headlamp assembly and you're done. Find a place to mount the ballasts and make the wires look neat, which I have yet to do. DO NOT touch the bulb. The natural oil from your fingers will create a hot spot and may burn the bulb out prematurely. It's really easy. Like I said, it took me all of 15 minutes to do.

There is really no need for a vid. You take out the bulb, unplug it from the clip, and then everything else is self explanitory. Everything on that kit is plug and play. There is no way to misplug anything. Then install the bulb back into the headlamp assembly and you're done. Find a place to mount the ballasts and make the wires look neat, which I have yet to do. DO NOT touch the bulb. The natural oil from your fingers will create a hot spot and may burn the bulb out prematurely. It's really easy. Like I said, it took me all of 15 minutes to do.

where are u gonna put the wires and ballasts

Is philly near york pa?

My ballast is mounted on the radiator support (or whatever the veritcal beam is called). If you take out the headlight and look towards the radiator, that beam.

Edit: woah! Was i way off. Its been a while since i put them in. Has nothing to to with the radiator support lol

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4898/2689/24743844003_large.jpg

Right where the high beam of the headlight goes (that white wall in the pic) is where mine are mounted

I just installed mine yesterday ( high, lows, and fogs ) and i already had the bumper cover off, and the six ballast fit perfectly on the steel bumper reinforcement, but i actually ran relays, and a big power wire straight off the relay box under the hood. All in all pretty happy with the job, with all the extra pieces i added it only took 6 hours.

This is the silver star kit that fits the factory HID's... I'm sure they're nice, but the price is ridiculous.

http://amzn.to/w3NqvE

No thats a normal price for quality HID bulbs. The bulbs you bought were Chinese junk and i wouldint be surprised if they didn't last very long.

You get what you pay for. Also the LS is a $45K luxury car. Put good stuff into it not junk.

Members online

No members online now.
Back