HIDs for less than $40 on ebay, give me your opinion

SWEET that is the raptor kit?

nope, they r from here...
http://stores.ebay.com/HID-Direct?_rdc=1
find the ones u want but make sure the set u want has a make an offer button next to it, n then low ball em for 38 bucks, it shud b the one that says 39.99 with free shipping.

then get ur relays here....
http://stores.ebay.com/Global-HID?_rdc=1

djknowledge, what k are the lows?
they r 4300k, anythin from 4300k 5000k and 6000k max shud b good...

Defenetly get a relay man, i didn`t do it and it end up burning a ballast so now they work great and if the alarm ever goes of they will light up inmediatly at least on my mark they do lol....

i did have to install are relay to get the DDM slim ballast kit to work, with out it they would just keep flashing and not actually turn on. very easy to do as well, yo can grab power right at the power distribution box (fuse box) right behind the pass head light. dont know if it really need them, but i also got their "bulb out warning eliminators"($20 if you order them at the same time) and put them in just in case.

I dont have a relay yet, and they are working great so far.. Well I dont have a ddm kit actually, dont have their ballast. I bought a set of slim digital ballast off of ebay to use with my projectors and used the slims with their bulbs when I took the projectors off.. Their bulbs are cheap, cheaper than halogen bulbs.

The DDM kits are very good. Ive installed six kits so far and never had any issues. I've only used the slim ballast kits. I wouldnt go over 6000K. I have 6000K in my truck and they are a crisp white/blue but anything over that will be blue and will decrease light output.

stallone 81 - 55W kits will get too hot for fog lights definitely get 35W. The foglight housing is too small and cant dissipate the heat so you might run into an issue with the fog light melting. Plus there will be too much glare.

605RezlifeLS - Depending on what wattage you get will affect the Kelvin scale. In order to get a 6000K light color with a 55W ballast you will need to get a 8000K bulb. The higher wattage washes some of the color out so you need to go up one level on the Kelvin scale.

I was thinking about getting these

Someone in one of my classes today said to go with 55W and 6000k that way it would be a silvery blue like OEM color.

Do these have a high beam option? Cause in RI to pass inspection you need high beams i believe

Well since you're going with 55w and it will wash out some of the color, the 55w 6000k will prob look more like oem 35w 4300-5000k.

I dont think DDM has the bi-xenon bulbs. I didn't know bulbs cold be bi-xenon. It's pretty cool. Why do you new your lows to have the high beam function? You already have a hi beam next to the lows

Well since you're going with 55w and it will wash out some of the color, the 55w 6000k will prob look more like oem 35w 4300-5000k.

I dont think DDM has the bi-xenon bulbs. I didn't know bulbs cold be bi-xenon. It's pretty cool. Why do you new your lows to have the high beam function? You already have a hi beam next to the lows

I didn't think about that... I wonder if that will still count :confused: because aren't both on anyway? Not sure on this never checked them out at night.... probably should

Gen2, lows stay on with Hi beam, I dont know about gen1.

Why do you new your lows to have the high beam function?

Sorry, I meant to say, why do you need to have the low beam have a Hi-beam function when you already have a hi-beam next to the lows. I would understand for the cars with only one reflection bowl that need the bi-xenon function.

DDM has the hi/low kits. They are $20 more. I just ordered a slim kit, relay harness and error code eliminators. My order number is 60000 even. It looks like some of the stuff was back ordered so who knows when it will ship.

Ok So I ordered a set of these now where do I put the ballast? There seems to be no room for them...

Ok So I ordered a set of these now where do I put the ballast? There seems to be no room for them...

there are like a million ls owners that have figured it out, r u telling me ur having that much trouble just finding a spot for the ballast!!!!??? you can mount them on the headlight....

there are like a million ls owners that have figured it out, r u telling me ur having that much trouble just finding a spot for the ballast!!!!??? you can mount them on the headlight....

How? Don't you have to plug the ballast directly into the light itself? all of the wires are inside the headlight unit. I would have to mount the ballast inside the headlight unit wouldn't I? :confused:

there is plenty of room for them, how do you think everybody else has them, just look around, hell if you look hard enough(actually not that hard at all) you can find plenty of pictures showing where people have put them

there is plenty of room for them, how do you think everybody else has them, just look around, hell if you look hard enough(actually not that hard at all) you can find plenty of pictures showing where people have put them

Ok so if I do mount them outside of the headlight how do I get the wires out to it... the main plug that plugs into the ballast is INSIDE the headlight assembly and has a different plug on the outside of it...

Members online

No members online now.
Back