HID's are on!!!

C-Snizzle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I got my HID's on! They are the 10000k kit. Very easy to install and definently the best thing I have ever bought for my car!! What do you guys think?

LSpics066.gif

LSpics067.gif

LSpics068.gif

LSpics069.gif

damn that last picture hurts my eyes its so bright haha... looks good... but isnt the 10000K's the violet purple? how come yours dont look purple?

whats the price. how much were they all together. looks nice, does the color match the angel eyes

Congrats this will be the best investment you will make to your car in my opinion i love mine and wouldnt trade them for the world. Money well spent. BTW the do the fogs have the kit on them to cause they look kind of purple and the headlights look blue.

Looks great man. The HID are worth every $$$, I put mine almost a year ago and been very happy with em. Good luck.

Question

I want to put H.I.D.'s on my LS too but am concerned about the heat issue. I have a 2001 and I know that the headlight housing wasn't hade to withstand the heat from HID's. I was wondering if the heat from the HID's would eventually damage the housing? And I also have angel eyes. I heard that the rings break up the HID pattern and the beam looks kind of odd comming out. And would the heat from the HID's eventually damage the angel eyes?

Jan05_001.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys! I got the kits from ebay I paid 280 each for them and I just got them for the fogs and lows. They are actually blueish purple in person, but I am pretty sure I have the worst digital camera ever made which is why the pics are so bad. The fogs and low's are the same kit I think the angle is what makes them look different. As for the heat issue, I believe HID's actually burn cooler than a halogen bulb. They seem to be fine in my headlight housing, to the touch it doesnt seem too warm at all.

wlagamer01 said:
I want to put H.I.D.'s on my LS too but am concerned about the heat issue. I have a 2001 and I know that the headlight housing wasn't hade to withstand the heat from HID's. I was wondering if the heat from the HID's would eventually damage the housing? And I also have angel eyes. I heard that the rings break up the HID pattern and the beam looks kind of odd comming out. And would the heat from the HID's eventually damage the angel eyes?
No. Actually, HID's will produce less heat that regular halogen bulbs. I have been running 4300K HID's with angel eyes for well over a year and have never had a problem.

Looks good, I want to eventually get the kit myself, even though my days w/ the LS may be limited. I want angel-eyes much more though.

Every K rating should be the same color? Its a temperature and a specific color is produced from the specific temperature?? RIGHT??

Those look nice. I don't think I can ever have a car without them after having them on this one.

whatsupadrian said:
Every K rating should be the same color? Its a temperature and a specific color is produced from the specific temperature?? RIGHT??
Color Temperature is a measurement in Degrees Kelvin (K) that indicates the hue of light source. There is a misconception that color temperature is a rating of the brightness of the HID bulb. The truth is that the higher the color temperature, the less light output from the HID bulb.

However, all HID light is much brighter than Halogen, even if it is a 35W 12000K HID bulb, the light output still maintain well over 2700lm; which is still 300% brighter than 55W Halogen with 700lm.

colors.gif

Colortemp.jpg

Members online

Back