Hid

NavigatorV8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought HID lamps for my nav. Anybody experience with the conversion?
Thank you in advance

I have put HID's in both my 99 and 01 Nav's. I used the Kensun kit for both headlamp and foglights. It was pretty much plug-n-play. No one makes an HID projector headlamp assembly for the first gen body style like mine so if you have that style, you will have to make your own if you desire that type of headlamp. I am using just the stock assembly as is. The main advice I can give you is to make sure the bulb wire is facing down or you will get a "shadow" in your beam pattern that is undesirable. You may have to take a dremel tool to alter the little tab on the bulb seat to accomplish this. I mounted the headlamp ballasts under the piece of black plastic that is top of the radiator support and the fog light ballasts to the frame rail with zip ties. This is what mine looked like afterward:

71wvn0Dm9bL._SL1600__zpstjspcpis.jpg

71wvn0Dm9bL._SL1600__zpstjspcpis.jpg

purchased the OEM assys. Saturday i get it from the postman. Found out, it´s Plug&Play :)
Very easy. The only different is, that the wire gauge at mine Navigator is 18 and in the Navigators with HID from plant, the gauge is 16. More diameter, but it works, yeah.
hank you for help

Members online

Back