HID Question

2004LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
For those who installed HIDs themselves where did you connect the wire that goes to the power source since our battery is in the trunk?:confused:

You plug the harness from your headlight into the ballast...that's were i got the power from. Well thats pretty much all you need.

got mine from ebay for about $100 with 2 year warranty. Works fine for me!!

People here suggest you get the $300 pair but I really don't see a difference.

got mine from ebay for about $100 with 2 year warranty. Works fine for me!!

People here suggest you get the $300 pair but I really don't see a difference.
Well, it's more about quality and support. I have heard too many bad stories about units going out and never being able to utilize a warranty. I have been running the Xetronic HID kit in my Pathfinder for well over 2 years without any problems. I also had the exact same kit in my LS for over 3 years with not problems.

Agreed that you may have warranty issues and expensive shipping to get them replaced BUT...for the price of one $300 kit you could replace the hundred dollar kit easily if need be and if not you saved money. I saw try out a cheap ebay kit and if it goes bad in a year then you learned your lesson, if not then stick with it.

Agreed that you may have warranty issues and expensive shipping to get them replaced BUT...for the price of one $300 kit you could replace the hundred dollar kit easily if need be and if not you saved money. I saw try out a cheap ebay kit and if it goes bad in a year then you learned your lesson, if not then stick with it.
I guess I don't understand the logic of having to worry about a kit failing and then having to replace it. Isn't anyone's time valuable? I can't stand doing things more than once much less having to replace an HID kit more than once.

anyone local to NH/Mass wanna hook mine up? I hate taking headlights appart! I always seem to screw something up. Theya re my arch enimy!

I guess I don't understand the logic of having to worry about a kit failing and then having to replace it. Isn't anyone's time valuable? I can't stand doing things more than once much less having to replace an HID kit more than once.

I totally agree with you there. I would pay more just for the added piece of mind that I would get buying from a proven reputable source. Headlights are very important! I for one would be VERY mad if I purchased an aftermarket HID kit and it failed on me. I see a color change as a failure also.

Members online

No members online now.
Back