hid problem.. not bulb?

Daviddc114

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay, so my passengers HID stopped working all of a sudden, not while driving it just wouldnt go on one night. So i ordered a replacement bulb and no luck. I tried the replacement on the left side connection and it worked fine. I had to leave and couldnt do any further testing but is there another common problem? Are the rh and lh headlights on different fuses? Id die if it was just a fuse, especially because the plastic cover behind the bulb broke so i had to spend another 30 on a replacement one! If its not the fuse am i able to switch the rh and lh connections at the ballast to see if its the ballast? Any help would be appreciated. Also as far as future proofing, are there any fixes for the plastic covers breaking? Thanks

Okay, so my passengers HID stopped working all of a sudden, not while driving it just wouldnt go on one night. So i ordered a replacement bulb and no luck. I tried the replacement on the left side connection and it worked fine. I had to leave and couldnt do any further testing but is there another common problem? Are the rh and lh headlights on different fuses? Id die if it was just a fuse, especially because the plastic cover behind the bulb broke so i had to spend another 30 on a replacement one! If its not the fuse am i able to switch the rh and lh connections at the ballast to see if its the ballast? Any help would be appreciated. Also as far as future proofing, are there any fixes for the plastic covers breaking? Thanks
it

is it aftermarket or OEM? If its aftermarket, id guess it the ballast-common problem with most cheap {Chinese} ballasts.

Try the bad bulb on the good ballast, and you should have your answer. Ballast seem to go bad more than bulbs.

Try the bad bulb on the good ballast, and you should have your answer. Ballast seem to go bad more than bulbs.

it was the damn fuse! lmfao! the one time it was something simple i went all out lol!!! i just hat the the bulb cover broke, i ordered a replacement but is there any way around it if i should ever be stuck with a broke cover and cant get a replacement? thanks..

Most of them I find are sealed and held in with silicone. I finally found one with 3 prongs remaining and that makes me happy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back