Hid light kit suggestion??

DaveLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently I was looking foward to buy hid low beam light kit (H11) and was wondering if there is a company that you guys could recommend me ( I have a 2004 LS v6). I was also wondering if it's preferable to to get 35W or 55W kit because I heard a 55W might be hot and consequently ruin the hID light kit?

oh and go for 5000k or 6000k , depends whether you want the oem look or not

I went DDM 35W 5000k.

personally for me, 6k looks too blue, dead give away that its aftermarket.

back a couple of years ago, when there wasn't a lot of super cheap brands to choose from, HIDs were the sign of expensive cars with the best of options, now every civic has a $25 set of Ebay specials on it.

would you prefer your headlights to look like and people think you have the premium OEM versions which cost thousands of dollars, or for them to look like every cheap ricer out there and stick out like a sore thumb?

also, the bluer the light, the less visual light output there is...

would you prefer your headlights to look like and people think you have the premium OEM versions which cost thousands of dollars, or for them to look like every cheap ricer out there and stick out like a sore thumb?

Does the OEM hid's really cost thousands of dollars? Because I did some research and came up with Opt7 35W 5000k hid kit at 55$. There is the link : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OPT7-AC-35w-...|Year:2003&hash=item20db66c2b2&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1 . And I agree the 5000k look is in my opinion the best.

Does the OEM hid's really cost thousands of dollars?

ask anybody that has wrecked their LS...

some get lucky and find some good deals, but yes, they can cost $1500 per side...

Dave, I highly recommend TheRetrofitSource.com for unmatched customer service and selection.

Alright thanks! I just ordered a kit I'll post a picture when Ill have them installed.

nicee thats what i got , your gonna have to adjust your headlights a tad lower for a nice cutoff and so you wont blind smaller cars

Ok Thanks for the advise. How do I lower my headlights though?

i ll upload a clearer pic 2morrow just remind me , i think you need a 5/32 to adjust them , you can only adjust the headlight up and down , be at least 15ft from wall to see them move i had to get help from here cause i was too close to the wall and couldnt see it adjusting

asset.jpg

I just installed the Hid but the whole Hid wire wont pass threw the low beam acces cover... Anyone can help me???

put the cover on and lightly screw the four screws enough to cover the light and not squish the wire

Here's the final result. The pic is a little bit blurry but still very good lookingphoto (5).jpg

photo (5).jpg

looks good man had to put my shades on to look at that pic though :cool: , now to get led fogs :shifty:

ye it's definitely on my list of things to do soon. But to you go to lift the car to change the fogs or is it possible to install in a driveway?

Dave, it will take feeling around but you can do the fogs while the car is on the ground. Just be sure not to get any dirt, oil or debris on the bulb.

if you dont mind getting dirty , you can lay on the ground and reach in and twist em out, if you go for leds go for the 20 watts and higher

Members online

No members online now.
Back