HID LED help??

jerbear19

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I want to get some HID's or LED's but I don't no anything about lighting! What's the difference between the 2? And what would I need to get?? I want them for my 2004 LS heard its pretty easy but I don't no where to even start with it.
Thank guys

LEDs don't put out much light. don't use them for headlights.
i think the main LED use is for color matching fogs.

LED's are bright but don't have much light output like stated above. BUT, the new Audi's are using some high powered LED headlights, pretty cool the advancements in LED lighting.

HID's output more light than halogen and a lot more light then LEDs.

For HID's, when you buy them, you'll usually buy an HID kit, which contains the HID bulb, harness, and ballast to power the bulbs. It basically plug n play unless you want to run relays.

LED bulbs are even simpler plug and play. They are just like halogen bulbs, you guy an LED bulbs and install it like a halogen one, done. Depending where you use the LED bulbs, you might get a bulb out warning message.

If its for the fogs, then you wont have a bulb out message for the LED bulbs.

Alax, you posted this on the official ls owners guide
-HID headlights are interchangeable with halogen headlight for 03-06, with very minor modifications to the factory harness connection unless they have already been fixed.Will also fit on 00-02 but you will need03-06 headlight brackets.

What exactly do you mean? Does this apply to me??
Sorry I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff! :D

I got a set of the v-hids a few months back and they started acting up a few weeks after installing them

Members online

No members online now.
Back