Hid Headlights/foghtlights Questions

vicls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay so i want some hids from my 02 ls v6. Looking on ebay and saw some on here from ebay for like $12 for a pair or whatever. Just wondering will i need the kit or will the bulbs work? Plus will it look ricey without the kit or do our cars even need the kit? Also Are these thing hard to install and will the bulbs work for the fogs too because i want all lights to be hid including fogs. Im looking at the 8000k bulbs.

If there $12 then thats not hid's those are just tinted bulbs hid's are a kit the bulb ballast and sometimes an external igniter. They are not that hard to install.

Im selling a kit for low beams 9006 8000k brand new in box never opened...cost me $350 I can sell it to you in $300 o.b.o shipped

Let me know

So i guess i should get a kit then. How are the ebay kits?

some of those ebay kits don't work very well, sometimes when you turn em on, only 1 side will come on, then you have to turn em on again so they will work. It's kind of embarassing.

I had some Aura HIDs before, they never did that, but after about 8 months one of the ballasts (the box) stopped workin. I sold the other one and bought replacement ballasts from ebay. I don't remember the brand, but there were about $140 without bulbs, they are ok, but sometimes they act up like I said above.

If you get any kits, but the 6000 or even 4300, 8000 look too blue, I have 8ks and I don't like the color too much. If I was to buy again I would go with 4300 wich are about the same as they come on the stock BMW HIDs.

some of those ebay kits don't work very well, sometimes when you turn em on, only 1 side will come on, then you have to turn em on again so they will work. It's kind of embarassing.

I had some Aura HIDs before, they never did that, but after about 8 months one of the ballasts (the box) stopped workin. I sold the other one and bought replacement ballasts from ebay. I don't remember the brand, but there were about $140 without bulbs, they are ok, but sometimes they act up like I said above.

Bah maybe i shouldn't switch over if im going to have problems. What company/websites have some good/cheap and reliable hid kits.

I might be the only one to say this but I wouldnt even bother. I hate those damn things everytime someone passes me with them on more and more.

All they do is blind people and they are just another mod on the list for a car that has next to no easy mods to begin with, thats the only craze with them.:)

The people who blind are retards who didnt' aim there headlights down when doing that. If you install it and set it up perfectly should be fine.

batting .500

I've bought 4 different sets since '06 christmas.
First set was a gift for my brother and they work flawlessly.:)
Second set was for my LS and they flicker when i first turn them on. It does go away once they have been on for a minute or so.:(
Third set bought was for the Navigator. One of the ballast was defective from the outset.:mad:
Ordered a replacement ballast. They sent me two bulbs instead. :confused: So I ordered 3 more ballast so that I could have a back-up set. So now, my 3rd set works just fine. And I have a 4th set as a back-up set that works just fine.

All of these have come off of eBay. Pricing averaged $110 to $180 after shipping. It's a cheap upgrade but it's like playing craps when buying these things. Good luck and be sure to adjust your lights correctly.

The people who blind are retards who didnt' aim there headlights down when doing that. If you install it and set it up perfectly should be fine.

No thats wrong dude, the people that blind usualy have them from the factory, they come with alot of cars from the factory these days so why would they need to do anything to them at all.

Members online

Back