Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Any preferences?
Best "bang for the buck"?

Xtreme HID
HID eXtra
DDM

Something else?

I use Xentec. only issue i have is, every once in a while when its very cold out, one ballast (usually a low beam, sometimes a fog) wont come on for a while. Doesnt happen too often

TRS all the way. Actual non-China stuff.

TRS all the way. Actual non-China stuff.

+1, I recommend them whenever this topic comes up.

Coming up on a year without a problem with my 4 kits installed in my hi-beams and fogs. Need to poke my head under there to see what my ballast cases look like.

I use Xentec. only issue i have is, every once in a while when its very cold out, one ballast (usually a low beam, sometimes a fog) wont come on for a while. Doesnt happen too often

I also use the Xentec brand.

I payed $30 for the kit and it lasted 8 months until one ballast went out. They also offer a 2 year warranty...I think that is the best bang for your buck haha.

I also use the Xentec brand.

I payed $30 for the kit and it lasted 8 months until one ballast went out. They also offer a 2 year warranty...I think that is the best bang for your buck haha.

I didn't have the best experience with there slim kit at all, a lot of flickering after just installing it.

Why not just go V-leds for the fogs?

also had a bad experience with xentec. ballasts died in a matter of months. still using the bulbs though.

and i have had good experiences with DDM. but that doesn't seem to always be the case.
i have had DDM 35w lows for around 2 years now i guess. they have lit literally every singe time.
have DDM 55w highs as well, for almost as long, also lit every single time.
my brother has had them in two different Taurus's with no issues.
also have a kit in the diesel that will occasionally fail to fire one side.

but if you have the cash, The Retrofit Source is where you should go.

I didn't have the best experience with there slim kit at all, a lot of flickering after just installing it.

Why not just go V-leds for the fogs?

I ordered V-leds, but they are on backorder and wont be in for another month.

I had xantec for 2 years and no issues on my 04 when I had it, now im doing LED's for the fogs the xantec don't really match the 5500k light almost all of it looks 6000k or higher. try LED

I had xantec for 2 years and no issues on my 04 when I had it, now im doing LED's for the fogs the xantec don't really match the 5500k light almost all of it looks 6000k or higher. try LED

Since it came up does anyone have experience with the best bulb to match the stock hid's?

Members online

No members online now.
Back