Hid factory upgrade

Flynbrd

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I found a wrecked 03 ls with hid lights. What do I need besides the headlight to make the swap. I assume the ballast but I have no idea where it's at. Thanks

The factory HIDs are all self contained in the headlight assembly. You'll need to file a key way off of the connector on your car to get it to plug into the new headlights. That should be all there is to it. (Note that LSes with HIDs from the factory have an external headlight relay, that the LSes with halogens don't have. However, others that have added the factory HIDs have said that it worked fine without having to rewire and add the relay.)

BTW, are you sure they are HIDs (do they have the yellow warning stickers)? All the plastic housings (halogen or HID) have HID molded into them.

The factory HIDs are all self contained in the headlight assembly. You'll need to file a key way off of the connector on your car to get it to plug into the new headlights. That should be all there is to it. (Note that LSes with HIDs from the factory have an external headlight relay, that the LSes with halogens don't have. However, others that have added the factory HIDs have said that it worked fine without having to rewire and add the relay.)

BTW, are you sure they are HIDs (do they have the yellow warning stickers)? All the plastic housings (halogen or HID) have HID molded into them.

The headlight box did have the yellow warning sticker on it. The car was nearly fully optioned from the factory. If it wasn't a pain i would have tried to swap over the heating cooling seats in my wifes ls.

Hi, I just bought a pair of HIDs headlights (factory oem) from a 03 Ls and want to upgrade into my 02 LS.
Do you have the wiring diagram? I know I must add a relay to power each HID ballast,
but I don't know the polarity for the ballast.
Your help will be highly appreciated, I can't find it online. Thanks!

... I know I must add a relay to power each HID ballast...

No you don't. (If they are factory)
If they are factory HIDs, then you just have to file down a tab on the connector and plug them in.

Members online

Back