HID Conversion

BradGroves

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I started my HID conversion today on my 1997 LSC with a kit from DDM and adapters from DLF. I got the housings out and old bulbs out, but now I've stalled and failed to find answers through any searches.

The new bulb assembly from ddm has a pigtail thats close to the bulb and before the rubber washers that keep it inside the clear plastic shell, what does this connect to? (Total of 4 connections) Which wires do I need to splice? I have heat shrinking butt connectors and am unsure what needs to be cut, coming out of the ballast?

Any post with info/pics specific to the 2nd gen would be helpful. Thanks

i think your referring to the extra pigtail next to the pigtail that actually plugs into the new hid bulb... If so that is there to connect to the oem non-hid (93-96) hologen bulb pigtail..i cut mine off.. the other connector coming out of the ballast needs to be tapped into the wiring coming off the main wire harness running along the bottom of the radiator..you'll see a small wire loom on each side coming off the main loom.. or just follow the small wire loom from the ballst and you'll see were it goes...The ground will be the black wire and the positive will be blue/colored.

Read the link i posted..i'm pretty sure that is correct.

Yeah, Thats the one I was looking at to this point, and i feel like an idiot for still having questions. I guess my confusion is because Im planning on using heat shrinking butt connectors not t taps.

Heres my question. I should cut off the pigtail on my new ballast from the kit and splice on the one from the old ballast, right? And would I splice the red or black wire (coming from the new ddm ballast) Is that the extent of the splicing, just connect it back to the core headlight assembly and the new bulb to the ballast? It seems like there will be alot of un used connections, (there are more connections with the ddm kit than from stock.) sorry for a lengthy post, I just dont want to get this wrong and cut up my new ballast for no reason

I am also having problems with the adapters. I need to first put the bulb in the hosuing, then put an adapter over, correct? However the hole in the adapter is too small for the pigtails to go through, do I need to splice the wires just behind the bulb in order to get the adapter on?

I am also having problems with the adapters. I need to first put the bulb in the hosuing, then put an adapter over, correct? However the hole in the adapter is too small for the pigtails to go through, do I need to splice the wires just behind the bulb in order to get the adapter on?

See my response to your post in my Delrin HID Adapters thread.

Don't cut anything until you post some pics and read my posts!

You can also look HERE for more info.

You could drive your car over here (Forked River) if you'd like, and I'll install them for a fee.

See my response to your post in my Delrin HID Adapters thread.

Don't cut anything until you post some pics and read my posts!

You can also look HERE for more info.

x2

its hard to explain w/o pics..

Heres what Im working with

DSC09647.jpg

DSC09648.jpg

You need to remove the grommet (carefully with an x-acto knife or similar) from the wires (green circle) and then cut the large connector off where indicated (red line).

Then you use the wire with the dual connector to make up a wiring harness to mate with the stock wiring at the bottom of the radiator support.

DSC09647.jpg

HPIM1032s.jpg

HPIM1034s.jpg

HPIM1038s.jpg

I had the same exact question last week but I figured it out... I did the wiring slightley different but it works how it should.

Members online

No members online now.
Back