HID Conversion kits

nashmage

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what brands you guys were buying and what color you guys have?

I was looking into getting some that would give off a blue color but i have heard that anything above 4300k which i believe is pure white you lose visability and it defeats the purpose of getting hids. Whats everyones opinion on that?

Do any of you guys have the blue or purple colors and do you think it is hard to see?

Are all the differant brands basically the same so i can just pick whatever one from ebay thats cheapest or will i notice a big differance if i pay some more for a differant brand?

thanks in advance everyone, im new here sorry have alot of questions but everyone here seems cool and you all seem to know what your talking about.

I have a 4300 and its pure white I am gonna get some 6000 bulbs just to see the difference....so I love my kit got it off ebay for 269 shipped to my door(IIRC)

I have 6000k. They are pure white in appearance, but they give off a slightly blueish light output. The best advice anyone can give you is to make sure you know what country the hid's are made in. Most of the ones you see on ebay that are priced under $200 are Chinese. This is a huge red flag. Make sure they are Japanese or German.

on ebay i am seeing

Xetronic HID Xenon Light Conversion Kit -400
PHILIPS HID Conversion Kit-400
BlingLights HID Kit-400
HIDYNAMIC HID Conversion Kit-350
JDM MTEC HID CONVERSION KIT-330

well thats just a quick look at them. So basically its going to be between 300-400 i guess.

Another thing i was thinking is that it appears that all conversion kits are only for low beams so does that mean that i have to buy the kit twice to get my hi/low beams done. If that is the case i will just buy the kit for my lows then get nice hoens or something like that.

thanks in advance.

Thats the one i was looking at because you sold it and everyone around here seems to really like what you sell. I was just checking around to see what the differance was between the 250-400 kits.

Yours are only for the hi or low beams right? so if i wanted to have hids on hi and low beams i would have to buy the kit twice?

I just bought a generic kingwood set (chineese) 6000k $185 to the door. I will let you know how they are in about a week.
Eamonn

I have the meccatune "red sun" 12000k kit in my car and I love it. It gives the purple look and I can see evrything at night. It actually seems like I'm driving with spots lights in front of me. I payed $250.00 for mine shipped from ebay.

NVMyLS said:
I have the meccatune "red sun" 12000k kit in my car and I love it. It gives the purple look and I can see evrything at night. It actually seems like I'm driving with spots lights in front of me. I payed $250.00 for mine shipped from ebay.

lets see some pics of the purple lights!! thats gotta look hott...

ive seen the red sun kit with the purple and just assumed that for that price they cant be that good but its nice to hear that they have worked well with you. Also its nice that the purple also gives u good visability i have heard that they dont

nashmage said:
Thats the one i was looking at because you sold it and everyone around here seems to really like what you sell. I was just checking around to see what the differance was between the 250-400 kits.

Yours are only for the hi or low beams right? so if i wanted to have hids on hi and low beams i would have to buy the kit twice?
Yes. The reason is that each HID capsule will need its own power source to operate.

Ya when i looked at the pictures i noticed that but wasnt sure.
I guess ill just get a kit for my lows then just buy some nice halogens for my hi and fog lights.
I barely ever use anything other than low anyway so its not gonna be with it to buy 3 kits.

Here are my 12000K purple HIDs
IMG_0800r.JPG
IMG_0802r.JPG
IMG_0811r.JPG

IMG_0800r.JPG

IMG_0802r.JPG

IMG_0811r.JPG

damn yo, that purple is hottttt... purple is my favorite color :D you think the purple HIDs would look stupid with angle eyes tho?

Those look really nice but i think that the purple ones are illegal in mass so i think ill just get the blue ones.

I have 8000k and theres not problem with visibility, heck i get better visibility with my low beam HIDS than i do with my stock High beams. I never use my highs anymore (My opinion dont do the highs in HID its not worth the money lows will be bright enough). And 8000k is a perfect blue only one drawback, every other blue bulb looks white next to them LOL. go with 8000k i paid only $350. a little pricy but well worth it.

nashmage said:
Those look really nice but i think that the purple ones are illegal in mass so i think ill just get the blue ones.
Actually, all HID conversion kits are illegal to run on the road. Your headlights must have come from the factory with appropriate HID stampings to be legal on the road.

o lol , then i guess im just looking to stay close to stock hids because a cop will never notice that they didnt start giving hids with this car till 2003.

Members online

No members online now.
Back