Hi, Need some help with my 1989 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Sassysally82

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this site and I'm also a new Cadillac owner. :) I've just purchased my car and I have some questions. The weather stripping on the driver side that is attached to the car and door is cracked and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some new rubber stripping. I went to a couple of the car dealerships in the Kansas City, MO area and they say that the parts are discontinued. :( For right now I have to park outside and I just don't want it to flood. From the looks of the stripping it had been previously glued and it is hard where they tried to glue it. Still leaks.

I have been driving it for about 2 weeks now and have noticed a couple more things that I had questions about.
The Radio works fine and for a week and a half I thought that I only had front speakers, but just recently the back speakers will crack and pop even if the radio is turned down, is there anyway to fix that? I would love to have 4 speakers.

Last question, for now.
I noticed that if the passenger window is rolled half way down and you get out of the car and shut the door, the window will fall all the way down. To get it back up, you have to pull the window up with your fingers and then use the power window up button to put it back on track. Then will roll up and down just fine. When the window is rolled up and you shut the door, it won't fall down.

Thank you for all your help, and any tips will be greatly appreciated. I've never worked on a car before, but the Cadillac inspires me to be handy.

Thanks in advance. :)

Sally

IMAG0499 (3).jpg

IMAG0499 (3).jpg

For the weatherstripping I would try matching it up on the JC Whitney website. It won't be oem but you should be able to find something close.

Members online

Back