Hi Folks

markedman90

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I joined the forum ~ a month ago, and hadn't been back since.
I have a fairly long history w/ Lincolns. My 1st was a '66 Cont'l coup'e (in '76). I had that one 'til '88, in '92 I got a '79 MK V BB, '93 ('75 Town Coup'e), 'til '97. In '98 I bought an '86 Cont'l (still w/me - Vanilla 306" - 172K mi). In 3/99 I bought a '90 MK VII LSC/SE (black) w/ 65K original.
After driving it to 115K, it was getting tired, and needed a new rack unit, SO....
It's now a project with the original engine @ 347" on 5.4" rods, 1.72:1 roller rockers, 65mm tb and a spider upper over a GT40 lower, 24# inj., MAF, 155 LPH pump, MAC long tube headers, 2 1/2" exh., T5 w/ a Vallejo clutch, spring suspension, Mustang brakes, and ground effects kit.
I really love the MK (or I wouldn't be going thru all this), and just want it to be what it can be: a great handling, fast, stylish car.
I don't know for sure what I'll bring to the forum, but I do have shop manuals, wiring diagrams and a fair amt of knowledge about these cars, and I'm happy to share. :L

Welcome. I look forward to picking your brain when desperate. I'm going to try and get some all-data stuff so we can do some real troubleshooting around here.Nice past collection of cars. Especially the '79 Bill Blass. I saw a guy in Ebay trying to sell one for $25,000. Yikes.

Look forward to seeing you around the board!

Mk V

MonsterMark said:
Welcome. I look forward to picking your brain when desperate. I'm going to try and get some all-data stuff so we can do some real troubleshooting around here.Nice past collection of cars. Especially the '79 Bill Blass. I saw a guy in Ebay trying to sell one for $25,000. Yikes.

Look forward to seeing you around the board!
I paid $750 for it. The top was about 1/2 gone. It had 200+K on the clock, but ran great.
I took the rest of the top off, welded in the opera window block off plates, filled, sanded, re-painted, and VOILA!! 1 of the only MK V's w/ no opera windows.
I sent the car to a charity needing its 3rd carb., and later saw a Pepsi commercial where a couple of "gangsters" get out of a car that looked VERY familiar, and at the end of the ad, the car blows up.
I drove that car back from K.C Mo. to 40 mi. N.W. of Chi. on 1 tank of gas, and the low fuel lite didn't come on 'til around Joliet.

:W

Glad you came back - Hey, just pull up a seat and relax. We're just getting started, and need people like you to make it work.....

Post often!

DANG!!!!! You have quite and extensive knowledge (at least at purchasing) Lincoln's. Glad to see ya back.

:W back and enjoy.....hope to see ya post more (along with everyone else!)

:Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back