Hey whats up everyone

lincolnhusker

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a newbie here. I just purchased a 01 LS V8 this last weekend. Love the car, it has class, style, and performance. Plus the car has low miles and looks almost brand new. I will come to this forum whenever I have questions about my LS.

My first question to all of you is, how do you get rid of the annoying seat belt alert. I am not talking about a temporary fix, but rather a permanant one. I know the owners manual says something about a temporary fix, but I could not find anything that will get rid of it. I normally don't like to wear seat belts, so how do you get rid of that annoying sound?

Thanks for the help, and whats up to all you fellow LS owners.

hello and welcome, you will visit here regularly and love it im sure. about the seat belt i dojnt have that on my 00ls8.

Welcome, noob. RTFM, it says how to permenantly disable the belt minder.

See also the thread regarding seatbelt use for further entertainment.

Dutch said:
Welcome, noob. RTFM, it says how to permenantly disable the belt minder.

See also the thread regarding seatbelt use for further entertainment.

I asked a question b/c I didn't know, wtf. I didn't read through my whole manual, dork.

Thanks for the help all

lincolnhusker said:
I asked a question b/c I didn't know, wtf. I didn't read through my whole manual, dork.

Thanks for the help all

This guy is cool....it's nice to have you here man enjoy your stay!

Hey. Kinda funny, but i also have an 01 ls v8 and i disabled my seat belt alert. No, i wasnt trying to do it intentionaly. I dropped a straw down the side of the seat and was reaching my hand in to grab it. I grabbed something which i thought was the straw and started pulling on it. I pulled real hard since i thought the straw had gotten stuck when my seat went back. Turns out i pulled a wire the just happens to be the seat belt alert.
I figured it out cuz if you look down there, there's a wire that actually goes into the seat belt clip. That's the one you want. Follow it and you will feel a connector. Just unplug the cable from there. I did it a few months a go and am positive the only thing affected by unplugging that is the alert.

Good luck! :L

Welcome to a great site here for the LS.. That coming from another member of a great and exciting state.. From NEBRASKA!!!... lol.. well i live on the other side of the state where there isn't a population,lol but still enjoy driving the ls.. More oportunities for me to drive the LS like it was meant to without causing to much havic in traffic, lol, cause we ain't got no traffic.. lol.. And I think you are gonna love driving this car, i Just bought mine oh about a year ago i guess and love everytime i get in it and just drive.. fun car

lincolnhusker said:
My first question to all of you is, how do you get rid of the annoying seat belt alert. I am not talking about a temporary fix, but rather a permanant one. I know the owners manual says something about a temporary fix, but I could not find anything that will get rid of it. I normally don't like to wear seat belts, so how do you get rid of that annoying sound?

Well, when your head smashes in to the windshield you won't hear that annoying sound anymore. Anyway, now that that is out of my system...

:W to the LVC. Lots of good infomation here and tons of great people. Come here to get info or even to hang out...but most of all, enjoy your LS :steering

Members online

Back