Hey, Max.........

Woof47

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
They say the only dumb questions are the ones that don't get asked; so I'll ask:
My new (to me) '96 Mark VIII doesn't have a trunk key. Is there any way to get one without pulling the lock out and going to a locksmith? If necessary; are new locks available?
Thanks,
Bill

dont the glove box and console lock have the same key??? you can take that out and yes a dealer or locksmith will have to key the lock. New locks are not available.

all should be the same key from ignition to trunk and everything in between. the lock cly is prob seized due to using the remote all the time, fill it up with pb blaster and work the key and re spray a few times, let soak and re-pete as needed. if all else fails pull the cly and run to a locksmith to rebuild it.

Not on the first gen Mark Chicken, the ignition and door locks and the glove box and trunk are two different locks.

Thanks for the response guys.

KK; if you have the glove box lock that goes with the trunk lock, I'm interested. Otherwise, I guess I'm pulling the glove box lock and visiting the locksmith.

Thanks again,
Bill

Members online

No members online now.
Back