Hex Holding Feature

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
On Stabilizer Link RF End...

Serivice DVD says to utilize HEX HOLDING feature to prevent the stabilizer bar link ball joint from turning while removing the nut.

I cant see how to utilize this feature....

Anyone...?

Thanks

the bolt has a hex head on it.. and the "hole" that it fits in is shaped the same as the head. You have to keep the head (which is probably flat or rounded so you can't get a bite on it w/ a set of pliers) pushed in so that you can tighten up the nut..

so basically the bolt will not turn, but the nut will.

NickLS said:
the bolt has a hex head on it.. and the "hole" that it fits in is shaped the same as the head. You have to keep the head (which is probably flat or rounded so you can't get a bite on it w/ a set of pliers) pushed in so that you can tighten up the nut..

so basically the bolt will not turn, but the nut will.

awesome, and you are right, no way to grab a hold of it, so I will try pushing it in

back in a few...lol

Thanks

Be sure to use the RIGHT TORQUE VALUES!!!!!!

For the Front End stabilizer link it's 41 ft-lb

Well that was a disappointment.

Apparently the entire front end needs to be off the ground to avoid an awkward and impossible angle to work with.

The hex hold feature is used like this for the links. Take a 7mm 6 side socket and put it on the end of the bolt, where the nut is. Then using a 5/8th WRENCH (where I was screwing up btw) take off the nuts...real easy once you figure out the right tools.

Another day when it's still light out, I will do this again, but with entire front end in the air....

Thanks for the help Nick...I would hve been screwed today without you....

Members online

No members online now.
Back