Here's another "DIDJA KNOW?"

IL-LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Again, most of you know all of this but when I find something new and post it here it seems 1 or 2 people didnt know.. So why not share the info :Beer , and oftern times it will trigger another idea by someone else and I learn something new too!!!

When the outside Temp reaches 40F or less the windsheild wiper heaters come on by themselfs! Smart car :)

does the 00 do this as well? how would i know if they are on or not? is that the vent thats outside that heats up the windsield? never noticed...

there is a little button on the HVAC next to the rear deforester....I THINK, it will be lit up if its on. Looks like it functions the same as the rear defroster, for there are 'wire elemnts' under the blades as you would see on the rear window.

Mike

luckieleo said:
does the 00 do this as well? how would i know if they are on or not? is that the vent thats outside that heats up the windsield? never noticed...

It is on my 2000, there is a little strip of heating wire, looks like rear defrost things under you wipers.

Here

This button will light up on its own under 40F

untitled.JPG

now that i see the picture, i know what your talking about. i just thought that was another defrost button.
yeah, that does come on by itself now that i think of it. :slam

good to know, thanks! :L

Yes...ANOTHER sucessfull "DIDJA know ;)"

Funny part is ALL of these items are in the manual.. But hey I never RTFM so figured i'd share! :cheers

IL-LS said:

Funny part is ALL of these items are in the manual.. But hey I never RTFM so figured i'd share! :cheers

i DID read the manual.... thats whats so pathetic! :slam

luckieleo said:
i DID read the manual.... thats whats so pathetic! :slam

Can't expect too much from people from Illinois.

IL-LS said:
NOW NOW...Im from IL TOO, actually about 15 min from luckielo! :)

Just rufflin some feathers. Chicagos fun the rest of the state is a pain especially when you have to drive through it.

IL-LS said:

i dont have a manual but here's another one that some might not know and i just found out.. When ur stuck in a traffic and listening to ur favorite cd its automatically goes to a traffic report... I was blown away when this happen bc i thought u would need something liek a navi for this... anyone got anything else beside the window/ key

If only it got below 40 here. Ha, sucks for those that have to deal with snow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back