Heres a new one!

Lincoln Jealous

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Cant explain it, but I thought I would share since the more info we have the better....

Went to start the car the other day, wouldnt turn over. checked the battery and it was good.
I sat in the driver seat thinking, then turned on the headlight switch and tried to start the car, this time with the headlights on, and it started right away with no issue. The car has been fine ever since.

:shifty: Weird, lol but I have seen this a few times in other cars, where the car wont start, then if the headlights are turned on, the car starts, Weird! :shifty:

Weird. Did I miss your "my car wont start thread'?

Weird. Did I miss your "my car wont start thread'?

haha nope! fixed the problem in about 30 minutes, not enough time for computers, went to carquest, checked the battery, took it back, check all connections again, tried the headlights and it started. thankfully, but i could tell nothing was really wrong, it just woulnt turn over

haha nope! fixed the problem in about 30 minutes, not enough time for computers, went to carquest, checked the battery, took it back, check all connections again, tried the headlights and it started. thankfully, but i could tell nothing was really wrong, it just woulnt turn over

Its true: if you have low cranking voltage, it won't fire. If the voltage drops below 10v most cars will not start... The standard load test on a battery must be above 9.6v to be acceptable... Thanks for reminding everyone not to overlook a battery problem

Its true: if you have low cranking voltage, it won't fire. If the voltage drops below 10v most cars will not start... The standard load test on a battery must be above 9.6v to be acceptable... Thanks for reminding everyone not to overlook a battery problem

i know, the weird thing is, the battery is fine, purchased in sept. so i wasnt sure why it didnt start, but the key was turning the headlights on, then starting the car

Mine wouldnt start once like 5 years ago. On the second attempt it started fine. Wierd.....

Members online

No members online now.
Back