Here`s the final product. Enjoy

jrocc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
please comment on how you like it and or dont, and any things you think I should do to it. I`m planning on picking up the rims in the last picture soon for $700 all four rims and tires installed tires about 80% tread left. It`s a 2001 lincoln ls v8 sport with 213,500km id say. Runs amazing.. I also want to ask what your rpm`s stay at (at) idle. Mine is 590 give or take when in D5 AND in park it`s about 650 when engine temp is at regular. I also experience a misfire well sounds like a misfire when ever i go WOT the minute i put it to the floor i can tell a one or a few of the cylinders aren`t firing correctly, maybe bad coil or plug? anyone ever had this problem? thanks enjoy.

IMG00347-20120319-1713.jpg

IMG00348-20120319-1714.jpg

IMG00349-20120319-1714.jpg

IMG00350-20120319-1714.jpg

IMG00351-20120319-1716.jpg

IMG00352-20120319-1716.jpg

IMG00353-20120319-1716.jpg

IMG00354-20120319-1716.jpg

IMG00356-20120319-1718 (1).jpg

IMG00357-20120319-1718.jpg

IMG00358-20120319-1719.jpg

IMG00359-20120319-1719.jpg

IMG00360-20120319-1720.jpg

IMG00361-20120319-1720.jpg

IMG00362-20120319-1721.jpg

IMG00363-20120319-1721.jpg

387934b_20.jpg

I don't get the head lights what was the look for that watt exactly did you do? Not giving you a hard time just curious as to what's goin on there

Mine is 5900 give or take when in D5 AND in park it`s about 6500

You mean 590 and 650 I assume because idling that high would be catastrophic.

And I dunno man instead of spending money on rims I would probably use that cash to get the hole in the hood, hole in the trunk and pry marks fixed

I don't get the head lights what was the look for that watt exactly did you do? Not giving you a hard time just curious as to what's goin on there

yeah im also kinda confuse on what look you are going for on the headlights. IMO i would have done all or nothing. but if you like it, thats all that matters.

not digging the headlight mod, or the grilles...otherwise good looking LS.

the grilles could look good but much more work would be required.

First I would get ride of the headlights mod.
Second I would fix the trunk and fender.
Third I would switch to a gen2 LSE grille.
Forth, headlights cleared out with some angel eyes.
Fifth, 19"s
And so on

I had eyebrows, tinted the hole headlight, took off the eyebrows, couldn't see crap out of the low beam tapped off the black part thats still on the headlight and used gas then polished the headlights back to clear.. and if i could get a lse grille i would try to find the bumper aswell

2001 lincoln ls
Insys cold air intake
Full L.E.D conversion kit.
2 sets of H.I.D Headlights/fogs
Custom exhaust no mufflers
2-12" subs
7" navigation/gps/tv
Alot of premium gassssss

i dont see a navigation unit??? just not installed yet?
all i see is a huge shinney volume knob!! :D
i do like the color of the car. im not exactly sure what color it is. looks like it got a hint of green in it.

Also what subs are those? What is it with you guys and goofy looking ported boxes.

Also why would you ever point to subs at each other? Are you trying to cancel them out.

I believe it's called a bandpass box. probably wrong but it's different. Ported or sealed to me, never mix. For show with neon lights and what not.

lol... you guys posts on his bandpass are funny. True its not a high quality box, and those are typically designed with boom (volume) over quality... Keep in mind there is a well known company that is famous for its bandpasses... The company goes by the name Bose. It's home theater systems make use of quality (highly) tuned band pass boxes.

bose.lifestyle.bigger.jpg

@2002_lincolnLS The subs would only cancel each other out if they were out of phase. One sub is pushing while the other is pulling. In phase they work as a bigger sub (similar to the two in the rear of the LS and how they work together).

Also what subs are those? What is it with you guys and goofy looking ported boxes.

Looks like a flea market special box with matching flea market special subs.

lol... you guys posts on his bandpass are funny. True its not a high quality box, and those are typically designed with boom (volume) over quality... Keep in mind there is a well known company that is famous for its bandpasses... The company goes by the name Bose. It's home theater systems make use of quality (highly) tuned band pass boxes.

bose.lifestyle.bigger.jpg

@2002_lincolnLS The subs would only cancel each other out if they were out of phase. One sub is pushing while the other is pulling. In phase they work as a bigger sub (similar to the two in the rear of the LS and how they work together).

Anyone who knows about quality audio knows that Bose is far from it.

Everything they sell is overpriced and not that great. The only real speaker i would consider from Bose is the 901 series and a few others. Not any of the surround systems they have. Even the bose systems in vehicles arent that great....lost of nissans have them and ive heard two different ones and both cant compare to my THX in the LS.

My home system consists of two Event Studio Monitors with an 8" Fostex subwoofer hooked up to a usb mixer.

Basically recording equipment that isnt used for recording anymore. I just use it to play music now and it sounds amazing. I like how they sell those $300 active noise canceling headphones to people who fly on planes alot.

I got a pair of sennhesier hd-280 pro's that sound better and cancel out more noise and they are passive.

http://www.highdefforum.com/speakers-surround-sound/110527-bose-faq.html

I agree, it isn't high end, but I cant say there is no quality either. Bose sounds great for what it is. A system designed with looks, size, and simplicity over everything else. They put a ton a research into getting those 6.5's (subs) to sound the way they do.

With that said, my home theater setup is 4 Klipsch towers (front two with dual 8's, rear with single 6.5's), a center (dual 6.5's), and a 10" down firing klipsch sub. (I don't believe in the tiny speaker setups myself. Real quality requires real speakers.)

Id lose the headlight tint and color match the chrome part of the grille (top)

Nice color. My friends LS is the same color

yeah I took it out, it was a cheap ebay brand, and it kept killing my battery, the color is medium cypress green metallic.
2001 lincoln ls
Insys cold air intake
Full L.E.D conversion kit.
2 sets of H.I.D Headlights/fogs
Custom exhaust no mufflers
2-12" subs
7" navigation/gps/tv
Alot of premium gassssss

i dont see a navigation unit??? just not installed yet?
all i see is a huge shinney volume knob!! :D
i do like the color of the car. im not exactly sure what color it is. looks like it got a hint of green in it.

idk, there 2 super blue subs 600 watt a piece, pounds hard.theres a blue l.e.d strip going in the box so the mirror can reflect it make it look cool.

your exactly right the blue neon l.e.d strip is going in there soon.
I believe it's called a bandpass box. probably wrong but it's different. Ported or sealed to me, never mix. For show with neon lights and what not.

You have a lot of low end on a nice luxury car. I';m not bashing you, this is just my observation.

The grills just don't look right, because they are overlays they look slapped on. If you took the bottom out and left the center black it would look better. Secondly I would use a rubber gasket to go along the edges of the top grille to smooth out the edges and use a small rubber mallet and small board to LIGHTLY tap the edges flush with the grill and adhesive it in. This should make it look like one piece not an overlay. Some black paint would also help achieve a nice look.

The headlights are noting short of horrible and make little to no sense in not only the over all look but its functionality. Keep it simple and just clear them with HID or Angle eyes. This will give you a distinction among other LS's yet keep it simple and classy.

The taillights look really good, but the surround lights add just to much....

Its your car but I agree with what has been said before, use the money to fix the trunk and fenders. In the end you will end I feel you will end up happier with our car. No matter how nice of rims you have they will look like crap if your car does.

Also why would you ever point to subs at each other? Are you trying to cancel them out.

shelf sold band passes are junk, they "claim" to produce more bass by harboring the tones in the box and exporting the air moments in spiral motion out of the ports. They serve more of a single bass note and a normal box is designed to have a broad range of tone response. You can make a bandpass have the same linear response curve as a sealed box, but with double the work and double the bugs to work out. Hense almost all SPL setups consists of sealed boxes or walls.

As far as why they face together, that goes along with why they usually have neon's and mirrors and its all for show, they are more about the wow factor then actually functionality and DB out put.

jvip i have no idea what your talking about the grille, like what are you talking about leaving the center black what center

Amazing how much my post about what, why, and how his sub box is, is being ignored. :rolleyes:

...Hense almost all SPL setups consists of sealed boxes or walls....
Vented (or ported). Sealed typically gives great bass response, but requires more power. Ported boxes typically produce more volume and sound great until they dip below the tuning frequency.

Members online

No members online now.
Back