Help!!!!

TimothySmith05

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I hope all is well!

My name is Timothy Smith and even though I'm new to this forum, I've been lurking for quite some time, and I'm in serious need of help.

I purchased my 2003 V6 LS to drive to NC and visit my Grandfather more often, and I've been having problems with my LS that no one could fix.

I recently changed almost all my fuses that are located under the kick panel on the passenger side, and now my car wont start! It will turn over, make a starting noise but the engine wont cut on.

I literally spent all the money I had to get it fixed and nothing has been solved.

I'm getting error code P1237.

Can anyone give me an insight on what might be wrong?

Also if anyone is located in NY and able to physically help I can give some type of compensation.
I don't have much but I can provide a meal and share some beers with you!

My cell is 917-396-8969 if you would rather call or text. I'm around mainly all if you have time!

I will be getting my masters degree this week and wanted to drive down and surprise my grandpa with it, so if I can get going by Friday that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Tim

Why did you "changed almost all my fuses that are located under the kick panel?" Fuses don't wear out or need to be replaced due to age. Either they are good, or they are blown. If they are blown, you have to resolve the issue that caused it to blow before replacing it. I find it hard to believe that that many (mostly unrelated) fuses could be blown.

Did the engine start and run before you replaced fuses?

Code P1237 is Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit (Fuel Pump Driver Module). This is in the REM. None of the fuses in the cabin are related to the REM or the fuel pump. Those fuses are in the trunk fuse box, but again it's not going to just be a fuse.

The LS is not the right car to buy if low of funds.

I changed one b/c my side mirrors were not working, and It fixed that problem. I thought it would be a good idea to change the rest , I was obviously wrong.

The car was running fine before I changed the fuses. I recently replaced the solenoid.

So what should I do?

Thanks!

Find the fuse that you left out or put in wrong. Your owner's manual will show what should be where.

Why did you replace the "solenoid?" And what solenoid are you talking about?

Car was shifting hard between gears, and harsh jolt in reverse so I read here, that it was the solenoid. So i paid a mechanic 600 to get it and install it.

All the fuses are fine, I'm thinking is there a way to reset the Fuel Pump Driver Module?

Okay, that's a solenoid assembly (more than one solenoid).
There's nothing to reset. If you really want to, then disconnect the battery (negative terminal) for a few minutes are reconnect.
Bad fuel pump, wiring/connector issue, or bad REM.

It's so weird that it happened out of no where without any signs. I'm doing research on the REM and can't find a decent answer on what it looks like and where it's located. Do you have any info on that?

Thanks

The REM is behind the trunk light. You can't miss it.
Note that the REM itself is only one of the possible causes of that code.

Most of the time paying the diagnostic fee is less expensive in the long run...

Update:

Now it seems as if the car battery is dead, it won't turnover anymore and the car Alarm keeps going off if I try to start it

Well, there is the old saying about engines bottom line (I think this is what it is) you need fuel, spark and air. Joe share with you its something in the fuel system, and if your certain all fuses are ok then its potentially harder to find. Trying to start the car has taken away the spark potential too. You state that you spent money on trying to get this fixed. Can you share please specifics of what someone did for you on THIS problem? What they said when they didnt fix it, etc? I did that with Joe and was able to limit my expense on my transmission, and A/C compressor. I am not the mechanic type, but like LS4ME I think you might be at the point of needing deeper diagnosis - which means trip to service.

If you have that deeper info, maybe Joe and crew can say more.

Members online

Back