Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can fold down the rear seats from inside, there's a release latch near the top middle I think that you can reach with a flathead screwdriver or something. Pry back the top of the rear seatbacks with your hand and look around.

I don't mean to call it rust but like corrosionbor something, there's 2 like quarter sized spots where the paints all bubbled up and the "aluminum" looks really corroded

Lincoln had some iron contamination on the body or paint/primer on early model and issued a TSB.

I have some bubbling on my trunk too. One spot by the keyhole, and another by one of the tails. Too bad its probably WAY too late to do anything with that TSB.

almost all the LS's(including my 2nd gen) that ive seen have a little spot on the back and it usually is in the same spot near the left of the plate surround

lol I locked my keys in the trink once, The seats can mostly removed with basic hand tools. They still catch on the top, but that thing owlman was talking about seems to be a great idea. Ive been thinking baout relocating the pull things for the seats to under the rear seat for some time now. I may do it this winter if I get bored enough.

Ya this thread made my decision to relocate the seat poppers and ad a pos. battery pos under the hood or somewhere easily accesible

just extend the one in there down so you can reach it with jumper cables

wont work for people sitting way down low, but for teh avg LS it should

Fixed the problem. Went to Wal mart and got one of the things u plug into the cigarette lighter.

Help!!!!!!

My '02 LS has a black full access key and a grey "Valet" key. The Valet key will not allow access to the glove box and trunk. Except, the electronic trunk opening button is available to the valet.....Wait.....I think there is a switch in the glove box that disables the fuel door and trunk push buttons. Disable the buttons, lock the glove box, give the grey key to the valet. Then, the valet can park your car but can't get to your dope or 9 mm locked in the trunk.

Is the trunk not open manually with the key or is it an electronic thing as well? I added a +pos to inside of the trunk from under the battery so i wouldn't have to take everything out of the trunk to get the flap open and jump start my car. I was ahving battery problems so I got tired of moving everything out and did it. I just get ground from a hook thats by the manual gas open tab. I haven't sanded it down to use it yet but its all set up. Just have sand and its done to use. I think having the battery in the trunk helps a lot. I dont have to flip over to jump someone or them jump me. I just go in reverse, or when you're park in those slot where your hood is away from the cars passing, what are you going to do, push the car back to get jumped? nope, someone pulls up behind you and jumps you right up.

Is the trunk not open manually with the key or is it an electronic thing as well? I added a +pos to inside of the trunk from under the battery so i wouldn't have to take everything out of the trunk to get the flap open and jump start my car. I was ahving battery problems so I got tired of moving everything out and did it. I just get ground from a hook thats by the manual gas open tab. I haven't sanded it down to use it yet but its all set up. Just have sand and its done to use. I think having the battery in the trunk helps a lot. I dont have to flip over to jump someone or them jump me. I just go in reverse, or when you're park in those slot where your hood is away from the cars passing, what are you going to do, push the car back to get jumped? nope, someone pulls up behind you and jumps you right up.

The trunk opens manually with the key even if the battery is dead. The OP of this thread had a replacement trunk lid, and didn't have a key that was cut for it.

almost all the LS's(including my 2nd gen) that ive seen have a little spot on the back and it usually is in the same spot near the left of the plate surround

Got 3 in my garage now and none have any corrosion; including the '00 with 168K miles. Maybe an east coast issue?

Members online

Back